. .

Thread: Xcarve

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thinfourth View Post
    Saw that on eBay.

The only way it could look more lashed together was if it featured duct tape and sticky back plastic. I have distinct feelings that is someone's abandoned project

And it is double the cost of an xcarve for 100mm extra room.

I don't see any advantage
    There's 10 available it's not a project lol, with a proper Mach 3 license and PC, supported rails, 2010 ballscrews and a welded steel frame. This is like 20 times more rigid for a start.

And you don't see the advantage!

Admittedly they didn't picture it properly lol but I think your misunderstanding the differences between both machines they are a world apart.

If I didn't build my own I would have bought one of these but not too hot on supported rail instead of Hiwin's but supported rail is still a hell of a lot better than makerslide style linear rails.

The difference is staggering obvious to me ones made of steel with proper linear slides, ballscrew drives and a real spindle the other is belt driven, has skateboard bearings for a linear slide very weak 20mm aluminium frame and a home router bolted onto it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	297.2 KB 
ID:	22583

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1000_angle_0080_half.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	22584
    Last edited by Desertboy; 16-08-2017 at 10:15 PM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Thread Information