. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yes, I actually measured the voltage with my multimeter out of the Kanalog before I connected anything. So for example, out of a requested 5V, I got a reading of 5.04V. The analog conversion is not 100 per cent linear, but pretty close. Then with the software you have a multiplier that you can adjust, so when your code says for instance, s12000, you also get the 12000 on the VFD. But then if you want S15000, you may get 15100revs, as I say it's not linear, but in practice it's of zero importance to the cut, I think it's the same with any other boards really, some may have more linear conversion than others throughout the 0-10V scale.

I think the current reading that's most relevant is the actual current draw at the entry point to the VFD, i.e the mains power. I used a clamp meter, which I think is fairly accurate, though it's not one of the super expensive ones. I am curious too as to how much more current it will draw whilst cutting, as this could give you a good idea of how much you can push your cut settings in order to find when you are close to the limit, and maybe also a give you a glimpse at the current draw at start up and stopping? I guess this could also determine the fuse rating you use.

Edward
    Last edited by Edward; 10-09-2017 at 09:01 AM.

Thread Information