. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    ill be honest ive not read all 7 pages of posts.

when it comes to sourcing the required products where and what do people buy?

I know dies are easy enough to get off ebay, but acids etc...?
    eBay - I bought my hydrochloric and sulfuric off eBay at 5l quantities - never been a problem.Similarly a degreaser (who's name I can't remember and it's too early to pop to the shed)

EDIT:

Things are getting more difficult...

Here the legislation and licensing requirements of Sulfuric acid, amongst others.

Looks like I need to go to the shed, after all, and dilute the little acid that I have left

Time to stock up on battery acid from your local corner car parts shop.
    Last edited by Doddy; 28-04-2018 at 07:08 AM.

so this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hydrochlo...8AAOSw4GVYIzpr

cant find any sulphuric on ebay?

It's becoming difficult to find - presumably because by July it will be illegal (punishable by prison/fines) to sell sulfuric acid above 15% conc. to any non-EPP license holder (and by November, illegal to own it without a license). Battery Acid is normally around the 30% conc. - around the strength touted as required for anodising. Hydrochloric acid is illegal above 10% conc. which buggers up anyone looking for alternatives to ferric chloride for PCB etching at home. Today, I can find hydrochloric acid advertised for sale on eBay at 35% conc. - I bet if you tried to buy it it would quickly be removed from sale.

The EPP license is within reach of the public, but at a cost of 40 quid every 3 years - for each and every substance identified on the license, it makes casual dabbling with plating and/or anodising something that needs careful planning. It makes supplying the chemicals a complete pain in the arse.

Acetone looks to be under the glare of government - expect that to become illegal next.

I blame Europe. And the idiots running around harming people.

EDIT: My bad - Hydrochloric acid is not a regulated chemical, but is a notifiable one - so any suspicious activity surrounding the sale is reportable to the police. As are a whole bunch of traditional fertilisers (okay, so my interests - electronics, some limited form of CNC toys, and Sunday down the allotments - all going to get me into trouble!)
    Last edited by Doddy; 29-04-2018 at 07:40 AM.

Yea the new laws coming in sound pretty dumb. This is not really a problem outside the getto of London...

I canceld the order with the eBay seller of that electric powder gun.
    I sent multiple messages and they did not respond to any of them. They also didn't ship the after a week.

They have reduced the price to £18 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253570991736
    I know this device is cheap but they are only going to get ~£10 after fees....

They are selling quite a few every day and one other person has not had any messages back from them or the item shipped..

Stay away...

Bought this one instead.
    https://electrostaticmagic.myshopify...-case-supplied

No wires. Uses the plastic nozzle to generate the positive charge and uses your body as the grounding.
    Should be arriving tomorrow (Monday).

Will review..
    Last edited by JOGARA; 29-04-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Thread Information