. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I would get another quote on the welding reefy, but it could be that half the price is for lifting and transporting

well to be fair he has been the only one to actually get back to me with a quote lol, the minute i mention it needs to be perfectly square and properly made they run lol.

would it be justifiable to use heavy extrusions for a more rigid strong frame? the price difference is huge but dont mind paying for it if its a plus side for the machine.

90x90 10mm slot light version
    £122.85 18.9kg

90x90 10mm slot heavy version
    £198.75 31.5kg

both 3000mm long

Quote Originally Posted by reefy86 View Post
    would it be justifiable to use heavy extrusions for a more rigid strong frame? the price difference is huge but dont mind paying for it if its a plus side for the machine.

90x90 10mm slot light version
    £122.85 18.9kg

90x90 10mm slot heavy version
    £198.75 31.5kg

both 3000mm long
    In one of your other posts did not you say you would be happy with a 4' x 4' machine!! or are you set on a 8 x 4?

bigger machines are generally much more difficult to build and thus more expensive.

Have a read through some of the very good build logs on here as that might help.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

doesn't seam a bad price to me when you consider the time and material costs. There has to be 500+ in materials and if you want it perfect then your going to need to pay for skilled labour. using 90x90 ali its going to be at least that maybe more!

forgot to mention about that clive, im sticking with the 8x4 because either way it was the width i was having a problem with not length so even if i went 4x4 i would still have the same problem but thats all sorted now and i am sticking with a 8x4.

well considering at the moment so far its at £2600 and thats without the bits and bobs to connect it all so i am looking at £3k for 90x90 heavy. And clive i have seen some builds but nobody mentions what sort of extrusion they use in the build. i have even googled it but i am struggling with so many different types to choose from. it looks as if Bosch Rexroth are the best quality but not sure about the ITM range. the ITM only goes up to 8mm t slots where as the BR does 10mm and then there is the light or heavy.

on the cncrouter.com they do the 8x4 pro kits and you can buy the bed frame only for £600 and that machine seems to have good feedback for quality so my guess for that price they have used the lighter extrusions and looks as if they are using the 45x90 but then 45mm seems flimsy.

are most of you bald by any chance? its very stressful lol.

ill keep scrolling the forums and see if i can find anymore info and idea's :)

Removed.
    Last edited by spluppit; 06-12-2017 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spluppit View Post
    I have not seen other threads on this but what is the overall size and the size of the box? Is there any reason you have made this frame in a format which is basically 2 squares/rectangles joined in the middle?

In this one i produced some years ago you will see the box runs full length then all cross members and infills added after. This is the standard format used in industry and how designers would produce a frame. I have made many like this the years on a slab (large surface plate, not a welding table) This ensures the best flatness possible within the constraints of the material.

Attachment 23320

If your frame is as big as it looks and they have a slab that big, then its a fair price in my view if those boxes are as big as they look. Also the way you have designed it as mentioned as 2 squares joined has not helped the costs, it makes it harder to keep it as flat as possible as apposed to having the box run full length,
    No reason other then recommendations which proves to be very strong and sturdy, but for those who can weld its not so much of a trouble with mild steel being very cheap but for me having to find someone to weld it for me then all those pieces to weld is costing a fortune.

Thread Information