. .

Thread: Spindle motor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,927. Received thanks 361 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I'd be dubious about air being enough to cool that style of spindle.

The problem with air cooling, is it's the air cooling that makes most of the noise. If you get watercooled, then they are far quieter, and you don't actually need that big a water cooling system. Using a big bucket of water is an easy option, but you could create a far more compact system using a small cooler.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I'd be dubious about air being enough to cool that style of spindle.

The problem with air cooling, is it's the air cooling that makes most of the noise. If you get watercooled, then they are far quieter, and you don't actually need that big a water cooling system. Using a big bucket of water is an easy option, but you could create a far more compact system using a small cooler.
    Yes I have heard they are quieter. think it will be the water cooled option I might go for. I have seen that some people use a PC cooling system as opposed to long pipe lengths and water butts or buckets.

Are the inverters difficult to wire, i have heard that they come with little or no documentation?

Thread Information