Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
Q1

No, UCCNC is a complete software, you can use it as it is. You can download and install UCCNC and if you don't have a license it will run in demo mode but it will have all the functionality (except motion) and all the default screens. You can also install my probing tab window on top of UCCNC if you are interested in additional probing functions. There is a commercial screenset you can buy and install if you want to, but it is not necessary and I don't know the benefits of it, other than it has some additional probing functions.

Q2

The UC300ETH does not have Modbus interface connection, you have to buy a separate hardware for that. You can use a simple and cheap USB dongle, or buy a little more expensive Ethernet - Modbus interface, like I did. Works both ways. The UCCNC software has a Modbus plugin which is pretty advancaed, yet easy to configure but your VFD must support real Modbus, which many Chinese VFD's don't do. There is also a free plugin for simpler Modbus communication if that's all you want.

Q3

I have no idea. I am using two cheap $5 BoBs and they work fine. You need at least one.

Q4

I am sure that those Bobs are higher quality than mine. I am though not sure they are worth paying for. Of course, if I was running my CNC commercially H24 then I'd buy the better BoBs but as it is now, I can't imagine paying that much for a BoB.

Q5

I have no idea, but I suggest you register on the CNCdrive forum and ask support. They are very fast in answering and helping out. My guess is that you can connect it to any free inputs and after configuring the UC300ETH it would work.
Thanks for all the answers.

So "commercial" is a non cncdrive related screenset....

Ok.

Well need to start figuring out what i want to connect tot the motion controller then.

And if i can justify :-) purchasing ub1 based on that.

Grtz Bert.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk