. .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    I am using UC300ETH and UCCNC. It works just as well with Mach3 but I like UCCNC more. I would definitely recommand either UC400ETH or UC300ETH. If you don't need more inputs than what is available on the UC400ETH and you have no need for extra ain/aout then the UC400ETH is an excellent choice. You don't NEED to get the UCCNC software, but at that price it is definitely worth to try. You can also just download the software without license, it will in that case run in demo mode, which includes everything except motion commands. That way you can try it out and see if you like it or not, but it isn't very expensive, so it is worth to get a license because that would definitely show the advantages of it over Mach3, which is considerably more expensive than UCCNC. Also, UCCNC is actively maintained and developed, Mach3 is dead.

If you want new drivers, I'd advice you to get DQ542MA drivers. Those are very good and reliable. You can buy the drivers from some eBay seller and will not pay any tax if you select delivery from Germany or UK or other EU countries. UCCNC and the UCx00ETH motion controllers can be bought directly form Hungary, so it is also from EU.
    Alright, when it's talking about all the inputs it's talking about signals being generated going into the controller ie) limit switches, e-stop etc. Is this incorrect? Just because I don't really have a good understanding of the input capabilities, what should I be expecting in comparing the uc300eth, and the uc400eth. I see the uc300eth 5lpt has 36 outputs, 49 inputs, and the uc400eth doesn't.

Rephrase I don't know much about inputs, I personally don't think there's a need for so many. Therefore I'd probably go for the uc400eth but can someone maybe list off some other inputs (other than the 2 examples I mentioned) that people use?

Thanks
    -Justin

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jtar40; 07-04-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Limit Switches
    Home Switches
    Probes
    Pushbuttons
    Sensors
    E Stop
    MPG
    Pendants
    Encoders
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ger21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    Limit Switches
    Home Switches
    Probes
    Pushbuttons
    Sensors
    E Stop
    MPG
    Pendants
    Encoders
    Let me expand this a little for you with rough some numbers. Many of these options you won't require but will be found on many CNC routers.
    You'll also be surprised as you go along how many things you might like to add to the machine which require I/O and if you havent got them to start with it can be expensive or difficult adding them later. The little extra cost could be worth it long term.

INPUTS:
    Home Switches = 4 (4 axis independant homing )
    Limit Switches = 4 ( Independant axis sensing can be series wired to share 1 IN )
    Probes = 1
    Pushbuttons = 1 for each button required. ie: Feed hold, Cycle start, Step mode, Spindle on/off, Vac On/off, Coolant on/off, Air On/off
    Sensors = 1 for each sensor. ie: ATC could easily use 6-12+ I/O dependant on style.
    Rpm Sensor = 1
    E Stop = 1
    Servo Ready = 1
    Servo fault = 1
    Servo motor Stopped =1
    Servo brake on/off = 1
    MPG = 4 per axis for Simple hand wheel encoder plus 1 IN per function ie: Jog Mode, Step selection, E-stop
    Encoders = 4 per axis (6 with Index)

Outputs:
    Spindle on/off = 1
    Spindle RPM = 1
    Tool release = 1 (ATC)
    ATC = 1 per action ie: Arm in/out, Arm up/down, Rotate, Clamp/release etc
    Servo On/0ff = 1
    Servo brake release = 1
    Servo Reset = 1
    Coolant on/off = 1
    Vac on/off =1
    Air on/off = 1
    Pop up pins = 1
    Dust hood retract = 1
    Signal lights = 1 per Light ie: E-stop, Cycle start led, feed hold, Jog Mode etc
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 08-04-2018 at 11:13 AM.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jtar40 View Post
    Alright, when it's talking about all the inputs it's talking about signals being generated going into the controller ie) limit switches, e-stop etc. Is this incorrect? Just because I don't really have a good understanding of the input capabilities, what should I be expecting in comparing the uc300eth, and the uc400eth. I see the uc300eth 5lpt has 36 outputs, 49 inputs, and the uc400eth doesn't.

Rephrase I don't know much about inputs, I personally don't think there's a need for so many. Therefore I'd probably go for the uc400eth but can someone maybe list off some other inputs (other than the 2 examples I mentioned) that people use?

Thanks
    -Justin

Personally I use two of the UC300ETH ports. Those ports give me a total of 10 inputs, which is enough for my needs. Using up many more inputs is not difficult, but of course it requires a lot of wires, so I ditched all my earlier ideas about adding a huge number of buttons and direct control. I have a control panel on my electronics and driver box, which is not the same as the PSU box, but most of the controls I do is through a USB numerical keypad, which I defined in UCCNC to handle everything I feel I need. If I ever see the need of even more buttons I'll buy a Modbus I/O unit and will use that, three wires only (2 + shield), instead of a thick cable, is all that's needed. UCCNC has excellent Modbus plugin built in, so in my opinion it is the best solution if many inputs are needed.

Of course, some inputs must be directly wired, but how many you need depends on your design. Some people prefer individual limit switches, I have all my limit switches connected in series to one input. Some people use home switches combined with limit switches, some want them to be separated, I don't use home switch at all. So, for me the 10 inputs are enough. I also don't use the analogue inputs and outputs since I use Modbus for the spindle control, and that's why I'd go for the UC400ETH if I'd start over. I also think it is a better design than the piggy back design of the UC300, though the UC300 has many features.
    Last edited by A_Camera; 10-04-2018 at 12:53 PM.

AM882's are being replaced with EM806's, you try and find an EM806 in China they just don't retail them in the Asian Market. The only difference I can see according to the manual is the EM806 has different firmware relating to the motors. Region specific for the US and EU markets as the motors relate to ones they offer here. Probably the same motor different part number.

EM806's for US and EU and AM882 for Asian markets at least for now seems to be the rule, the AM882 are £60, the EM806 are ~£100

I'll strip one of the AM882's and get pics would be interesting to see what's inside the EM806 and if it really is identical except for firmware.

AM882 and EM806 are solid state tech unless you're unlucky these things will last forever.

How much did you pay for your analog drivers? I paid £200 for 4 AM882's but 2 were 2nd hand it would be £240 for new.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Anyone recommend any places to buy the uc300eth, or the uc400eth? I've seen the uc300eth on eBay but it's no longer available where else should I be looking?

Anyone recommend any places to buy the uc300eth, or the uc400eth? I've seen the uc300eth on eBay but it's no longer available where else should I be looking?

CNCDrive? - they're the supplier, and the ones that advertise on eBay. I bought through them from eBay and they delivered 3-4 days later - perfect transaction. Give them a call or email them and ask if they're resisting on eBay. My choice of ordering from eBay was simply it was easier with a fixed price including delivery.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddy For This Useful Post:

http://www.shop.cncdrive.com/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to A_Camera For This Useful Post:

Quick question, I'm not too sure about something about the uc300/400eth. I see that it talks about it needing an external 5vdc power supply. Now I was reading up online about it in the product manual (in section 7) states that you cannot use more than 5 volts dc because it can damage the device. That makes sense, but I'm sleightly confused about it not giving a max value for amps. Does this Matter? Do I not need to worry about amps? I'm not totally educated on this but I always thought that current is what harms the device.

from the UC300 manual
    "We recommend to use a power supply with at least 500mAmps"

so you can use any regulated 5V power supply that can supply a half amp or more is OK

the current taken is not going to be any higher if you used a 5V 100A power supply

John

do not use a 5V phone charger they are not all regulated to give you exactly 5V DC !!!
    Last edited by john swift; 31-05-2018 at 11:24 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to john swift For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information