. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sorry, I committed the mortal sin of not returning to the thread after I found a solution.

I have a copy of the last version of Flex produced; Flex 1.09. If ABB isn't helpful, PM me and I'll help you out.

Personally, I'm using VirtualBox on my MacBook. Some kind soul made a Windows 98 hard drive image. I have had success both with sharing the serial device from the host to the guest, and also 'giving' the usb device to the guest for it to run. FTDI still offers drivers for these older platforms.

@joindanger thank you for the heads up re: the difference between flex and flex+ software. I picked up a + drive recently and was going to assume they used the same software. Since the + series seems to just be the original kit with a bunch of bookmarkable positions. I'll look for the other software.

I posted a small gallery of the servo motor conversion I've done for my 3-in-1 machine. https://imgur.com/a/CGidU3J If you're curious about any of it I'm happy to help.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kuffs For This Useful Post:

Location unknown. hoffledp Last Activity: Has a total post count of n/a. Referred 6338 members to the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuffs View Post
    Sorry, I committed the mortal sin of not returning to the thread after I found a solution.

I have a copy of the last version of Flex produced; Flex 1.09. If ABB isn't helpful, PM me and I'll help you out.

Personally, I'm using VirtualBox on my MacBook. Some kind soul made a Windows 98 hard drive image. I have had success both with sharing the serial device from the host to the guest, and also 'giving' the usb device to the guest for it to run. FTDI still offers drivers for these older platforms.

@joindanger thank you for the heads up re: the difference between flex and flex+ software. I picked up a + drive recently and was going to assume they used the same software. Since the + series seems to just be the original kit with a bunch of bookmarkable positions. I'll look for the other software.

I posted a small gallery of the servo motor conversion I've done for my 3-in-1 machine. https://imgur.com/a/CGidU3J If you're curious about any of it I'm happy to help.

so... help? laughing out loud.
    I got a frantic phonecall and slew of text messages from an old friend in my old trade (17 year machine mechanic / millwright. There is a down contour saw at a mattress factory. "Dylan, please come down and diagnose, ill pay you $500 bucks! he says....

I show up as they are shutting down for the day, manager doesn't know im showing up, guy i needed to talk to isn't there. he comes back, shows me the machine, obvious its a dated cnc retrofit.

baldor flexdrive.

I need this software for my return tomorrow. I do not have time to go through the hoops with baldor.

Ive driven 2 hours round trip, and diesel is at $6 bucks a gallon this side of the pond, and still dont have my $500. please help.

Thread Information