. .
    Hi,

Mach3 3.043.062
    CSMIO/IP-M v.2.910
    CSMIO-MPG
    Noname MPG handwheel

My MPG has just stopped working from one day to the other. The machine was shut down as I normally would do.

- The plugin is still listed under "Expansion modules", but the analog input signal bars are not moving when I turn the wheel.
    - The LEDīs "MPG A and MPG B" on the MPG module turns on and off like normal, when I turn the wheel.
    - The LEDīs for the multiplier selection shifts when I turn the knob.
    - The LEDīs for the Axis selection shifts when I turn the knob.

It seems like the signals are not passed on to the controller. All cables are firmly connected.

Thank you.

BrianClick image for larger version. 

Name:	MPG_00.png 
Views:	224 
Size:	166.3 KB 
ID:	25248

Hi Brian,

I had once a problem, most probably related to the CSMIO IP-M controller plugin. Without doing anything wrong, one day just stopped communicating properly some inputs. I have tried a lot of things but only reinstalling Mach3 solved the problem. If you reinstall, make sure to copy your xml profile file, macros, plugins and controller settings.

Quote Originally Posted by paulus.v View Post
    Hi Brian,

I had once a problem, most probably related to the CSMIO IP-M controller plugin. Without doing anything wrong, one day just stopped communicating properly some inputs. I have tried a lot of things but only reinstalling Mach3 solved the problem. If you reinstall, make sure to copy your xml profile file, macros, plugins and controller settings.
    Thank you for replying.

Instead of reinstalling Mach3, I tried to "Restore Settings..." under "Operator". Guess what, it worked I then replaced my XML file with a backup I made just before I did the restore. Then the pendant didnīt work again, so the XML must have been corrupt, which means that it probably would have been futile to reinstall Mach3 and use the backup.

I hope this can help others and from now on I will always have multiple backups of my working XML profile on different drives.
    Last edited by CNCDev; 19-12-2018 at 07:11 PM.

Thread Information