. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    When you use stepconfig it will overwrite any changes you have made. so it is best to not use it and hand edit the files after the first time setup.

I have noticed that here:-
    [TRAJ]
    AXES = 3
    COORDINATES = X Z

you might need to make it COORDINATES = X Z A
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hi. I know that stepconfig it will overwrite any changes, but before I make final setup I need to know that I’ll be able to implement this toolchanger component. Keeping it simple for now.

COORDINATES = X Z A(B,C) don’t work. Still same error message: /Lathe_Orac.hal:87: parameter or pin ‘stepgen.3.positio-scale’ not found

It would be nice if anybody who understand linuxcnc will try to implement it, and share results/knowledge. It’s time to make good deed...to please north pole for upcoming x-mass 2019

Quote Originally Posted by garulus View Post
    Hi. I know that stepconfig it will overwrite any changes, but before I make final setup I need to know that I’ll be able to implement this toolchanger component. Keeping it simple for now.

COORDINATES = X Z A(B,C) don’t work. Still same error message: /Lathe_Orac.hal:87: parameter or pin ‘stepgen.3.positio-scale’ not found

It would be nice if anybody who understand linuxcnc will try to implement it, and share results/knowledge. It’s time to make good deed...to please north pole for upcoming x-mass 2019
    Well there are more people on the linuxcnc forum that do understand it. But are you sure that the error message that you have put up on here and the linuxcnc site is correct. /Lathe_Orac.hal:87: parameter or pin ‘stepgen.3.positio-scale’ not found
    ..Clive

Hopefully someone will try it and will help. And you don’t worry anymore. I appreciate your effort.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	25274  

Quote Originally Posted by garulus View Post
    Hopefully someone will try it and will help. And you don’t worry anymore. I appreciate your effort.
    Ok but that is a different error in the screen shot as the spelling is different.
    ..Clive

Ooo...sorry for typo.
    ./Lathe_Orac.hal:87: parameter or pin ‘stepgen.3.position-scale’ not found

Hi. Any luck with this?
    I have a working Boxford 125 with the toolchanger running on linuxCNC (pathpilot). I can post the relevant configs if you are intrested?
    I had to rewrite the toolchanger driver to get it working on the turret.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dnh2000 For This Useful Post:

Hi mate. No luck(toolchanger siting sad in the box) , if you provide your config files, and maybe some simple explanation for beginner... I'll be happy :)

Thread Information