Afternoon All.

I'm looking for some help, advice and guidance on my next cnc router frame purchase.
A little background, I currently have a Chinese 6040 and self built standalone controller using a DDCSV1.1, the latter is working well for my needs and so I am looking to keep it. But swap out the 6040 frame for something better, as it works but isn't terribly rigid or has a flat bed I am sure, so instead of throwing money at it to make it better I'd like to get something better.

As a former enginner and CAD designer, from my reading on this very forum and my own ideas, I think I have come up with a couple of half decent frame designs. But to be honest, by the time I have had the parts needed machined following my own prototyping out of a hard plastic perhaps, I may as well just buy one already sorted.

I've looked longingly at the cncrouter parts Benchtop PRO units and they look great, but at £3K+ are not cheap and I am sure I can get something as good for less and potentially from the UK already avoiding import taxes etc.

So really and truly what is available to me from builders/suppliers here in the UK?

Thanks for your time.

Ian Contessa