Hey guys! Sorry for the radio silence, I had hoped to be able to post a finished schematic, but mine and the person helping me with that part's schedules just did not meet up yet, so that has not come to fruition yet.

So first up, thanks to all the tips for the PSUs. I think I have a firm grasp on the matter now.

Instead of a schematic, I worked on finalizing the budget and getting everything priced out, and so far, the only thing missing from the budget are timing belts and the control box parts (like contactors, etc.), but so far, everything is savely in my 3.5k€ budget, even with a couple hundred of wiggle room. So, since I have not posted this before, I "present" the semi-finalized list of electronics to be used:
  • A smoothstepper ESS. From all the controllers I have looked at, this one seems to have the highest price/performance ratio. Compared to the UC400eth, for example, I get one more port for a similar price point. And the CSlabs are just too expensive for me, in comparison.
  • A 3kW watercooled chinese Spindle with ER20 collets, able to reach up to 24 000 RPM with a packaged submersible pump
  • A YL-620 VFD for that spindle
  • AM882 Stepper drivers for all three steppers, supplied with around 60V
  • X-Axis Stepper: 86 HS155-5508-01
  • Y-Axis Stepper: ACT 34HS1456
  • Z-Axis Stepper: 60BY G401-03
  • 6x Inductive Proximity switches to be used as Limit/Homing switches

Other than that, not much has changed on the mechanical front: I have had a two parts re-drawn in a different CAD program by someone well-versed in designing sheet metal parts, but other than that nothing has been altered. I hope to be able to get the schematic done in the short term rather than the long term, so I can finally move this to the build log section ;) Anyways, until I have more news!