. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Very nice indeed, what did you use to put the radius around the top edge ?
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 12-06-2019 at 09:24 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 31-03-2024 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Thanks guys.

Eddy, I used a 3mm radius one of these:

https://www.shop-apt.co.uk/corner-ro...ide-45hrc.html

- you can see it in action here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv-Zbb4n..._web_copy_link

They're really useful tools - I use mine a fair bit. You program it as a 1.5mm tool (tip diameter), touch off the tip and plunge it to a depth of 3mm - in reality you might want to leave it just shy of 3mm, too deep is less forgiving than a tiny bit too shallow...

Wal.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wal For This Useful Post:

Hats off to you Wal, those look fantastic, very nice

I've often thought about getting some corian, but could never find any offcuts and a full sheet would just be too expensive for playing around with.

Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 31-03-2024 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Yeah - a full sheet set me back £780..!

I imagine I could have got it cheaper directly from the manufacturer, but they won't sell it to you unless you're an approved fabricator - ie. taken their instructional course in how to use it (cut, glue etc.)

You just need to get lucky in terms of finding off-cuts. A lot of what's out there has metallic flecks etc, so might not be suitable for the intended purpose.

Wal.

Hi Wal,

What thickness was the corian sheet? did you have to cut it to thinner pieces ? I have some beige pieces left over from the kitchen refit, about 25mm thick. Not Corian but a stone filled acrylic, similar to the DuPont product, but half the price.

Cheers,

Rob

Hi Rob - is that the HI-MACS stuff? Heard that it's pretty much the same stuff, but like you say - much cheaper.

I was using 12mm thick sheet.

Wal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wal View Post
    Hi Rob - is that the HI-MACS stuff? Heard that it's pretty much the same stuff, but like you say - much cheaper.

I was using 12mm thick sheet.

Wal.
    Honestly can't remember what it was without going through some invoices from 5-6 years ago, it wasn't HI-MACS, I am sure, but I think it was cast, machined and polished by a firm in Sheffield.

Thread Information