. .
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thank you very much!
    SW received!
    Regards
    Amarillis

Well, seem like I'm stucked again...
    So, here is my workflow...
    I work with the last EMS version available that is 1.950 at the moment...
    After everything is done, I save the work using the emsx file type...
    I open the file emsx with a text editor and remove the line CREATOR....
    I open the file with the 1.932/1.935 version of EMS and export the work using the DXF format...
    BUT, I tried to open the DXF file with FREECAD and nothing shows...
    So I tried to save the file in the STL format using the 1.932 ver...
    At this point a popup shows telling me to upgrade to the latest version and no STL is produced...
    Since I only need to 3D print my work I really don't know what to do...
    Moreover, I still do not understand where to put the EMS.DAT file since there is no APPDATA folder for the 1.932 version without an install procedure...
    Any help?
    Thanks
    Regards

I'm no expert but I think that versions later than 1.935 save the file in a format that 1.932 and 1.935 can not read. I create all my drawings in 1.932. You might have to do the same but
    I am sure someone with better knowledge will be along soon to give you better advice. Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by amarillis View Post
    Well, seem like I'm stucked again...
    So, here is my workflow...
    I work with the last EMS version available that is 1.950 at the moment...
    After everything is done, I save the work using the emsx file type...
    I open the file emsx with a text editor and remove the line CREATOR....
    I open the file with the 1.932/1.935 version of EMS and export the work using the DXF format...
    BUT, I tried to open the DXF file with FREECAD and nothing shows...
    So I tried to save the file in the STL format using the 1.932 ver...
    At this point a popup shows telling me to upgrade to the latest version and no STL is produced...
    Since I only need to 3D print my work I really don't know what to do...
    Moreover, I still do not understand where to put the EMS.DAT file since there is no APPDATA folder for the 1.932 version without an install procedure...
    Any help?
    Thanks
    Regards
    Hello @amarillis,

Since you edited the emsx file correctly by deleting the third line that contains "<Creator Name="eMachineShop" Version="?.???"/>" and then re-save the file with the same extension, its ready to be opened in eMachineShop version 1.932.

The trick about exporting it as a DXF file is make sure you have "All Views" Un-Checked, also if you want it clean then Un-Check all the options.

I did test with my version of FreeCAD 0.19 and it open showing the view I exported.

---

If you are trying to view the file in the 3D viewer or convert to STL eMachineShop will check the price file date.
    Since it is too old it will want to update the price file and the software version before it will allow the viewer to open.

You will need to do the following to eMachineShop version 1.932 for it to fully function.

First you need to place the 1.932 version price file in %appdata%\eMachineShop directory.

• Open Windows Explorer and type %appdata% in the address bar and press enter.

• Create a folder eMachineShop.

• Copy into the eMachineShop folder the ems.dat.txt file and rename it to ems.dat.

• Now use the "RunAsDate" program and set the date to Feb. 20, 2019 for eMachineShop 1.932 version will be able to use all functions, such as 3D viewer or STL export.

• Alternatively you can set your computer date to the Feb. 20, 2019 and run eMachineShop 1.932 version instead of using the "RunAsDate" program.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Big5Axis; 10-04-2022 at 11:39 AM.

All in one place.

Different options for eMachineShop Exporting:

DXF FILE FORMAT EXPORT:

1. Creating your design in their most current version v1.950 at time of this writing.
    2. After you have created the design export it as a EMSX extension.
    3. You will need to edit the EMSX file by deleting the third line that contains "<Creator Name="eMachineShop" Version="?.???"/>" and then resave the file.
    4. Then open the edited EMSX file in one of the eMachineShop versions 1.932 or 1.935 and ONLY convert the file to DXF.

---

STL FILE FORMAT EXPORT:

If you are trying to view the file in the 3D viewer or convert to STL eMachineShop will check the price file date.
    Since it is too old it will want to update the price file and the software version before it will allow the viewer to open.

You will need to do the following to eMachineShop versions 1.932 or 1.935 for them to fully function.

First you need to place the price file in %appdata%\eMachineShop directory.
    1. Open Windows Explorer and type %appdata% in the address bar and press enter.
    2. Create a folder "eMachineShop".
    3. For eMachineShop 1.932 copy the ems.dat.txt file into the eMachineShop folder and rename it to ems.dat,
      or for eMachineShop 1.935 copy the ems.dat.1935.txt file into the eMachineShop folder and rename it to ems.dat.
    4. Now use the Run-As-Date program and set the date to Feb. 20, 2019 for eMachineShop 1.932 version
      or set the date to July 30, 2019 for eMachineShop 1.935 version allowing you to use all functions, such as 3D viewer or STL export.
    5. Alternatively you can set your computer date to the Feb. 20, 2019 and run eMachineShop 1.932 version.
      or for version eMachineShop 1.935 set your computer date to July 30, 2019 instead of using the Run-As-Date program.
    6. If the eMachineShop design was created in the newest version then you have to export to EMSX extension and edit the file with the same steps in DXF file format to export it to STL with eMachineShop versions 1.932 or 1.935.

---

ONLINE STL FILE FORMAT EXPORT:

1. Create your design in their most current version v1.950 at time of this writing.
    2. Save the design as a standard EMS extension.
    3. Go to the eMachinShop CAD Online version with your internet browser.
    4. Select "File" then "Open" and choose the file you want to convert to STL.
    5. After it has loaded in the online version then select "Export to" > "STL", and wait for the prompt for the file name.
    6. It should automatically download or prompt your to save the file.

NOTE: The online version was VERY slow for, so be patient .

---

EXPORT ONLY OPTION

The ONLY files needed to use the DXF export option with eMachineShop 1.932 or 1.935 versions are:

• emachineshop.exe
    • EmsDxf.dll
    • MLCrypt.dll
    • PGP_SDK.dll

This option requires no price file to be placed in the "%appdata%\eMachineShop" directory. Again this is for DXF export function ONLY.

This will allow you to have the current eMachineShop installed for designing and version eMachineShop 1.932 or 1.935 for DXF file conversion ONLY.

---

EXPORT ONLY OPTION AUTOMATED POWERSHELL EXECUTABLE SCRIPT

Using the above Export Only Option;

This EmsxToDxfConversion.zip file contains the executable and source code as open sourced.

• The executable is designed to be placed in the same Folder/Directory as eMachineShop 1.932 or 1.935 which you can create a shortcut to launch the program.
    • The executable will automate the process of deleting the third line that contains "<Creator Name="eMachineShop" Version="?.???"/>", then resave the file and open the eMachineShop program.
    • The executable updates the Windows registry enabling DXF Export for eMachineShop version 1.935.

This should simplify the EMSX to DXF conversion process.

---

OPTIONS ENABLING DXF EXPORT FOR EMACHINESHOP VERSION 1.935

For those who are using eMachineShop 1.935 for DXF Export here are some helpful hints.

To enable eMachineShop 1.935 for DXF export option

Quote Originally Posted by Bladevane View Post
    As a temporary workaround, please press Ctrl + Alt + E when in the workspace. Then go to the export dialog. You will notice full export functionality will now be restored....
    Or you can edit Microsoft Windows registry key located at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Micro Logic\eMachineShop\App Settings\EnableAllExportFeatures set dword32bit to 1.

---

Good Luck!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Big5Axis; 01-05-2022 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Added Price File and Instructions for version 1.935 Added a PowerShell Script to Automate Editing and Opening EMSX Files

Well, thank you very much for your replay!
    I really appreciate it!
    And, by the way, maybe your are not an EXPERT but your knowledge is way deeper than mine...
    So, with that said, your replay is a perfect recap of all the operations we should do to make a DXF or STL type of files using version 1.932/35...
    Thank you again, I will give it a try in the next days...
    Regards
    Amarillis

Morning all

I am TOTALLY new to this! Im not a CAD guy....
    I imported a DWG file and spent about 10 days learning the program, and editing the DWG drawing.

Much to my dismay .. when I finally got this right and wanted to save my drawing back to a DXF / DWG file..
    I found out that I now need to purchase an upgrade..

FOR ME THIS WAS A 1 TIME DEAL..... I don't manufacture or anything, was just gonna have the drawing sent to an EVA foam manufacturer to cut the sheets with a 4 axis router..

I AM NOW STUCK BETWEEN A ROCK AND HARD PLACE...

Is anyone willing to let me email you my drawing, the have you save it as a dxf or dwg for me and email back to me?

[email protected]

thanks

Malcolm

Malcolm, I feel your pain. I can try to do what you are after. I will send you my email address by PM so you can send the drawing over. Regards.

HI

thanks for the reply... please any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

my email

shopsbt at outlook dot com

thanmks

Malcolm

I have been searching for 1.932 and 1.935 for a while with no luck and really need dxf files exported. If I could get links to the dropbox files that would be very much appreciated.

ZacharyPatel at mail.com

Thanks Zach.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information