. .
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Hello and thank you for providing this information!
    Please add me to the dropbox as well, [email protected]

I think if they just charged $50 a year, I would have paid it and probably others for years now. But here we all are, finding workarounds instead. I had a laptop with the earlier version that I kept using but the hard drive suddenly croaked.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ems.dat.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	211.1 KB 
ID:	30702

This ems.dat file seems to be the infamous price file. If my computer gets connection, its downloaded in both the XP and Win-10 configurations in the associated appdata or application data folder. If I simply remove it and disconnect the internet connection, I go from the Download Now/Download later proport back to the can't download it error.

The date on all VMs/Sandboxs keeps going back to 12/4/2021 @ 10:37. Is anyone running a different file from the 2/20/2019 era?

I just saw this on your your screen shot from 12/7 @ 11:38 it looks like you have all of the executables. Since I'm just doing a drag-drop of what should be in Program Files (x86)...my machine might be missing something. That must be it!!! Is there any way for you to pass on your 3 original installation executables? I can PM you on the side and get a my dropbox setup as an option?

Quote Originally Posted by builder59 View Post
    When you mentioned earlier that you "installed" it. What is your process there? I'm just dragging the non-compressed folder directly into the c:\program files (x86) directory and not actually running any installer.exe. I know there is installationlauncher.exe file in the uncompressed folder but I can't tell what that is actually doing when I run it.
    Ok I think I now understand what is going on with yours.

I am running the installer so it installs the 2/12/2019 ems.dat price file in the %appdata%\eMachineShop directory.

Below is the 2/12/2019 file for eMachinesShop 1.932, attached as a txt file. Just rename the ems.dat.txt file to ems.dat to work.
    Also below is the 6/30/2019 file for eMachinesShop 1.935, attached as a txt file. Just rename the ems.dat.1935.txt file to ems.dat it to work.

They both are to be placed in the same %appdata%\eMachineShop directory, but only one of them; the version you will be using!

For version 1.932 set the date to Feb. 20, 2019.
    For version 1.935 set the date to July 30, 2019.

-----------------------------

ems.dat.txt
    ems.dat.1935.txt
    Last edited by Big5Axis; 12-04-2022 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Corrected ems file to be attached as a txt

I just saw this on your your screen shot from 12/7 @ 11:38 it looks like you have all of the executables. Since I'm just doing a drag-drop of what should be in Program Files (x86)...my machine might be missing something. That must be it!!! Is there any way for you to pass on your 3 original installation executables? I can PM you on the side and get a my dropbox setup as an option?
    Just for information, eMachineShop does not have to be installed/place in "Program Files(x86)" folder. It can be anywhere on the computer only the price files is set to a specific location "%appdata%\eMachineShop". The price file is where all the date magic happens with the program.

Yes, I did the first install then copied the folder to make it portable. If you have a dropbox I can upload all 3 installers, just pm/dm me.

Version 1.943 was not the last one that does STLs but, it also allowed to set engraving, and laser lines. That is why I use that version. Version 1.946 is the last version that did STL before pay wall date of May 31, 2021. I also have that installer too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-12-08 203118.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	288.9 KB 
ID:	30703

JACKPOT!!!!!!!

That was it! So here is the interesting thing about the 2/20/2019 price file as I brought it in...

I literally just copy/pasted what you had provided for the PGP key and heads into a Notepad file, saved it as ems.dat and placed it into my Application Data folder on my XP VM. From there I went and launched my design and hit the 3d button. Then I got a similar error as I have posted before but this time it said my version number was "4" and was looking for "1932".

So since it was at least reading the price file but coming up with the wrong version I figured it must of had something wrong in the header or a single character off at the beginning or end of the string. Looking at the key as it came into the forum there are some spaces that were getting inserted that I didn't see on my 1.948 ems.dat file. So, I just popped it into Word and searched/removed spaces, resaved (editing the date field in doing so to make it a 2/20/2019 date stamp on the properties for good measure), reopened V 1.932 via my RunAsDate shortcut, hit the 3d button, and it was there!

GLORIOUS!!!

You are a brilliant mind Big5Axis and super helpful. Thank you so much for helping me along, and thank you Bladevane for the original source information, and others who have posted on this thread for the bits of info to get me going.

JACKPOT!!!!!!!

That was it! So here is the interesting thing about the 2/20/2019 price file as I brought it in...

I literally just copy/pasted what you had provided for the PGP key and heads into a Notepad file, saved it as ems.dat and placed it into my Application Data folder on my XP VM. From there I went and launched my design and hit the 3d button. Then I got a similar error as I have posted before but this time it said my version number was "4" and was looking for "1932".

So since it was at least reading the price file but coming up with the wrong version I figured it must of had something wrong in the header or a single character off at the beginning or end of the string. Looking at the key as it came into the forum there are some spaces that were getting inserted that I didn't see on my 1.948 ems.dat file. So, I just popped it into Word and searched/removed spaces, resaved (editing the date field in doing so to make it a 2/20/2019 date stamp on the properties for good measure), reopened V 1.932 via my RunAsDate shortcut, hit the 3d button, and it was there!

GLORIOUS!!!

You are a brilliant mind Big5Axis and super helpful. Thank you so much for helping me along, and thank you Bladevane for the original source information, and others who have posted on this thread for the bits of info to get me going.
    I am happy it worked for you as a copy/paste.

Thank you for the insight about the copy/paste issue.

I did figured out how to attach it for any one else so they do not need to go thru the trouble of editing out the extra spaces.

Enjoy, and also thanks again to Bladevane and mycncuk forum too!
    Last edited by Big5Axis; 09-12-2021 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Revision about the ems.dat file.

@aaa123 - I have added you to the Dropbox folder so you should be able to download versions 1.932 and 1.935. Regards.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bladevane For This Useful Post:

been searching for a while how to solve this,
    If you could add me to the dropbox file that would be great thanks
    [email protected]

regards matt

Matt, All sorted. You should have the downloads in Dropbox. Regards.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bladevane For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information