. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. But it also states this

"Bear in mind though that there is no international standard for stating COPs and therefore each manufacturer will state the maximum COP obtainable for their units under optimum temperature and humidity conditions. In reality you may not therefore always acheive the COP rating stated."

I have been involved in installing a few heat pumps air source and ground source and I believe that they were in the region of about 3-4 to 1. My next door neighbour has had his gas taken out and put in an air source pump. I am very interested to see the results over time.
    Hi Clive,

All I can tell you is throughout a season the total kwh used by the heat pump is is about the same or less than the 1hp water pump that is switched on for exactly the same time, I have clamp on current monitors on both going to the main energy logger in the house. The heat pump pulls about 2.9kw max and will bring 60m^3 of water from 18 to 28 degrees in a couple of days. Costs about £1k in electricity to run both per season. I have no experience of them in houses although a friend who has also just rebuilt his house is now relying solely on an air sourced heat pump for house heating with hot water boosted with immersion and tells me he is saving a fortune, but he wasn't on mains gas rather oil delivered by tanker which is expensive.

What maybe of interest is I had a 10kw pump heating a much smaller 10m^3 above ground pool, this was the older generation pump without the inverter and therefore constant compressor speed / current draw. The electricity cost of running this unit was the same per season as the new pool system, therefore it must have been much less efficient.
    Last edited by devmonkey; 20-01-2020 at 10:23 AM.

Thread Information