. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phill05 View Post
    Well I must be very lucky have setup 5 different machines and used the very same setting and they all worked, you live and learn.
    Any odds on Lotto this weekend.
    Lotto?, no, unfortunately. And if I could guess against the odds then I might be bold enough to assume the OP's wiring to the BOB.

Examine https://softsolder.files.wordpress.c...d-overview.jpg for example, that looks to put X Step and Direction onto pins 2 and 14, respectively. The parallel port is configured - not by Mach, but by the utility of the parallel printer interface to provide 12 outputs and 5 inputs. These are hard bound to the whateveritis pins, and most BOBs will present these notionally for particular functions (like X step, X dir), but actually they are only generic inputs and outputs. There's nothing stopping you using a X-DIR for your Z-Step, for example, though you'd be sadistic to try (I did once swap one of the primary axis onto the A-Axis when one output on a BOB failed).

My one issue is that the OP changed many things, but not the BOB wiring (unless he didn't mention that). The pin mapping is... not the last thing that I'd check... but certainly not the first.

I've only had the pleasure of 3 machines, but probably enough architectural changes on two to get close to your five. I know that there isn't a hard pin mapping.
    Last edited by Doddy; 24-08-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Thread Information