Thank for the reply.

You highlighted why I don't want to use this electronics/motors:
- I want a system flexible and simple to use (I want to do complex geometry, aluminium is my target, with a 4th axis on a rotary table)
- I looked into the manual, too old; the way of inserting the code will let me spend lots of time. I wrote G-code at the university and I know i want to have something more modern.
- regarding the motors, current servomotors are 8NM; I'm planning to put closed loop motors (NEMA34 - 12NM).

Modifying the machine is not a problem for me, I have a workshop; So plate and new pulley won't be a problem.

Regarding the Z axis, I can confirm there is only an hydraulic piston. This machine is what they called 2.5D (not 3D router) :D

About the vacuum surface, it's bakelite and I have LOTS of neoprene gasket. What I don't know is the system layout:
at the moment, I have the Pump connected to a on/off valve that has a 2 way connection to the plane. Is it ok or do I need a relief valve?
seems that in the on/off valve there is a possible relief valve but I'm not sure, and I haven't connected yet the pump to the power since I don't wanna brake it.

here is the system layout:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vacuum bed.png 
Views:	546 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	26525

is this ok or is missing something?

I'm not sure if the relief valve is there, can you recommend a way to test it?