. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Cropwell. I have just downloaded and saved for future reference.

Thanks for the advice Jazzcnc. It looks like your answer to question 2 would be my most viable option.
    So, taking that advice, and that I have a machine, a pc, with Mach 3 already on it. Would I be some where close if I were to assume all I need is an ethernet cable, and a control board, similar in features to the one already installed and the associated plug-in/driver for said board?

Cheers for the help, I have learned something today. I bought it as a working concern, and I've only had this trouble since the hard drive went pete tong and I've had to start again with absolutely no knowledge of the build or how it all went together.
    RC cars
    RC helicopters
    Motorbikes
    Renovating an entire house
    Twatter: @CrazyLThirteen
    Insta: CrazyLThirteen

If it was working afore the HD went pop, then provided you have a working computer with a Windows 32bit OS and a parallel port, then you ought to be able to get it up and running again with no further expense. If you want to spend a few hundred quid and improve it by using an ethernet controller and separate drivers, then that would be good, but you will still have setup to do and I do not know whether you will have the same or more things to set in Mach3.

If you do go this route, I would be happy to test out the old Tb6560, so don't throw it away, send it to me.

Cheers,

Rob-T

Ok then, with that in mind, I have the machine, a pc, a copy of mach 3 I downloaded from newfangled solutions website, and a pci card that I had to patch in the driver for by hand, but device manager says is working fine.

Question: Do I need a device driver for the control board or is it just a case of mach 3 setttings as linked for earlier in the thread?

I literally am learning from scratch here.
    RC cars
    RC helicopters
    Motorbikes
    Renovating an entire house
    Twatter: @CrazyLThirteen
    Insta: CrazyLThirteen

Thread Information