Made some more progress, capped box sections ends:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191126_120710 (Large).jpg 
Views:	910 
Size:	295.6 KB 
ID:	26796Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191126_120545 (Large).jpg 
Views:	878 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	26797

I'm now waiting on the ballscrews to get here (next week) so that I can weld patches for attaching the support blocks and steppers.

I've chosen EM806 drivers. Yesterday I was about to order from AliExpress, thought I'd check Zapp first and Gary has a Black Friday deal on, managed to score 4xEM806 for £340 inc vat and delivery and rather unbelievably they turned up this morning 17hrs after ordering! What an amazing service and at the same or better price than China after duties without the wait.

Steppers are ordered from OMC-stepperonline coming from UK warehouse, should be here in the next few days.

Given the drivers arrived and I already had an enclosure to hand I've started to build up the electronics, PSU parts are from Rapid:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191127_170325 (Large).jpg 
Views:	907 
Size:	382.0 KB 
ID:	26798

I also ordered the tooling plate from Smiths, rather good price, 16x3000x355mm 'offcut' for £274. Loads more than I need for this machine but it is useful stuff to have around. It should arrive tomorrow so I can get to milling the plates.

I'm now trying to decide what to do about the epoxy pour given it really needs a nice constant 20 degrees. The frame is in my un-insulated garage, do I build some sort of insulated box around it and bung a heater in there or do I bring it into the house. Temperature wise the house makes sense, however the frame is very heavy and it is more likely to get disturbed indoors by the kids/dog.