. .
    Lives in doncaster, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-08-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 53.
    I have a 1.5kw 220v 400hz spindle fitted on my machine.
    All the feeds and speeds for the 1mm aluminium carbide bits are coming in at 50000rpm and up.
    Would I need a new vfd as the 60000rpm units seem to be 1,5kw

2. Responded here to your other thread. Please dont open multiple threads to ask the same question.

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/13189...h-sub-4mm-bits

To get 60K RPM you need 2 things.

A spindle that can run at that speed.

A VFD that can run at the frequency needed for 60K.

Both are fairly expensive items.

I have a Sunfar VFD that goes to 1000Hz, as my spindle is a 4 pole thing & hence needs 2x the normal frequency. It was a bit more expensive ($140 IIRC), but not outrageous.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    I have a Sunfar VFD that goes to 1000Hz, as my spindle is a 4 pole thing & hence needs 2x the normal frequency. It was a bit more expensive ($140 IIRC), but not outrageous.
    That's not too bad. The spindle will be the pricy item.

Lives in doncaster, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-08-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 53.
    unless i am looking at the wrong thing i can get a vfd and spindle for around £450 which i do not think is out of the park

6. Quote Originally Posted by kell View Post
    unless i am looking at the wrong thing i can get a vfd and spindle for around £450 which i do not think is out of the park
    Fair enough. Can you link what you are looking at?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

BTW, Jian-Ken who I got my spindle from, make a number of high speed models - and if initial tests with mine are anything to go by they're a notch above a lot of Chinese product. Time will tell of course how deep the quality goes!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    BTW, Jian-Ken who I got my spindle from, make a number of high speed models - and if initial tests with mine are anything to go by they're a notch above a lot of Chinese product. Time will tell of course how deep the quality goes!
    What do they cost?

Mine was about £325 landed - but it was a rather different beast to the subject of the thread, a 4 pole constant power 24K thing. Suggest you email them for a price: [email protected], the lass I dealt with was called Wafer (!). For a 1.5KW 60K spindle I think the part number is JGD80/1.5R60.

Thread Information