Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
Eliminating PCs with its memory fails, hard disc fails, windows fails, cable connection fails, board connection fails, power supply fails, etc.. is a must for the person who values his time.
Every machine I've ever built runs a PC and I've had probably 3 fail in over 15yrs, nearly always HD related. Nearly always on Old PC's, that had been running for years. It's a simple and quick re-install from the backup and your working again, so big deal.

But I agree if it's your lively hood then time is money, but this forum is mostly speaking to hobby users with little to no experience so having a big user base to fall back on is worth the risk of a PC failer every 5 to 10yrs.!

If you are a business then downtime precautions need to be taken but that said I've got lots of machines used by business's running PCs working 12hr days and again with no issues. The fact you had issues doesn't mean others will have them, maybe you need to look at how you doing things.? It's poor workman that blames his tools.!