. .
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Ok regards the PS controller that's about what I expected because it's just software driven and your problem is hardwired. So, unfortunately, you are going to have to do a bit of detective work and start tracing wires.

Now because the Home SW doesn't work and Spindle won't start I'm thinking your problem could be the BOB(breakout board) and it's I/O (input/outputs).
    Looking at the pictures I'm pretty sure this breakout board needs a separate voltage source for the I/O to work. The pictures also show 2 PSU, the smaller one will be the low voltage for this and the relays, etc, the large one for the drives. So first check you are getting power out of the smaller PSU, it's probably 12 or 24Vdc.
    and that it's getting to the breakout board.

To be honest I'm quite confident your problem lies here with the voltage to the I/O but if you are getting voltage to the BOB then I'd 99% say your BOB is dead. But it's always worth tracing wires for damage or loose connections.

After this I can't be much more help without being infront of the machine.

EDIT: The two middle connectors on this block is were you need to test for voltage. 3rd from end near USB is Gnd and 4th is Vcc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1091.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	440.9 KB 
ID:	27680
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 27-03-2020 at 01:33 PM.

hi Jazz
    is the BOB, in my second picture the board in the middle i noticed today there is a red led lit up
    sorry but what is PSU i have a multimeter so i can check voltages
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff57 View Post
    hi Jazz
    is the BOB, in my second picture the board in the middle i noticed today there is a red led lit up
    Geoff
    PSU = power supply. Also check if you have 5V as it seems you have a usb providing that and some usb's don't supply enough current.

As Jazz says you need to supply the bob with two sources on power ie 5V and another somewhere about 12-24V where Jazz indicated on the picture

Edit: do you actually have a 5v power supply in there because if you do you don't need the USB cable connected
    Last edited by Clive S; 27-03-2020 at 02:11 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

hi Jazz
    Geoff
    Yes Geoff, PSU = power supply unit. It will be the small one in this picture and test the V++ V-- highlighted in pic. The PSU will probably have sticker telling you the voltage Output. 12 or 24Vdc

Name:	IMG_1092.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	277.6 KB 
ID:	27681

Edit: Opp's didn't see Clive beat me to it, same as what he said...Lol

I have the same board matey.
    Do you have a 12v-24v supply in there?

These boards limits, probe, spindle and e stop are supplied seperately on these to keep the inputs isolated on the 5v.
    You need a 12v-24v to supply all of the above.

It's on the right in the picture:

Name:	5-Axis-CNC-Interface-Adapter-Breakout-Board-For-Stepper-Motor-Driver-Mach3-USB-Cable-mach3-CNC.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	27682

I have the same board matey.
    Do you have a 12v-24v supply in there?

These boards limits, probe, spindle and e stop are supplied seperately to keep the inputs isolated on the 5v.
    You need a 12v-24v to supply all of the above.

It's on the right in the picture:

Name:	5-Axis-CNC-Interface-Adapter-Breakout-Board-For-Stepper-Motor-Driver-Mach3-USB-Cable-mach3-CNC.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	27682

morning all
    on the two psu s there is a green led on the larger unit it is lit up on the smaller unit it is not, does this mean the unit is dead ?
    thanks Geoff

morning all
    on the two psu s there is a green led on the larger unit it is lit up on the smaller unit it is not, does this mean the unit is dead ?
    thanks Geoff
    Geoff. Do you have a DVM ? a meter to test the voltage AC and DC . If so can you check what voltage you are getting from each PSU on the DC terminals.

The smaller PSU should be putting out about 12-24V if it is not doing so then you need to check if it is getting 230V AC on the input. There may be a loose connection or a fuse blown.
    Last edited by Clive S; 28-03-2020 at 10:26 AM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

hi Clive
    yes i have dvm i assume L N are 240 volt but how do i check the v- v+ do i put the black probe on v- and red on v+ sorry im not up on electronics
    thanks Geoff

morning all
    thanks Geoff
    Ok, then you have found the source of your problem. If the small PSU as a fuse checks this, also check wires are not loose(do this with power off). If not fuse or wires then it's dead.
    To replace you will need to find what power output it was giving you. The BOB will take between 12-24Vdc but it could also have been powering things like relays so it's important to know the output and replace with the same size. Looking at the relays in the box I'd guess it's 12Vdc because they look like Automotive relays which will be 12Vdc.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information