. .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Lives in Australind, Australia. Last Activity: 18 Hours Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 72. Received thanks 4 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    Rather than continue hi-jacking Joe's thread I thought this belonged here:
    Thanks to Jazzcnc sending me the g-code I can now apply for membership of the Aztec Club. The result is 400mm in diameter cut on 12mm MDF, I used to 60 degree cutter option that Dean sent me. It took just shy of 4 hours to cut. The cooling water for the spindle got to about 40C but no hotter. The whole machine was happy to run continuously for that long without any problems.
    Now I know that it works so well I might try some more attractive timber.

Attachment 28115
    Very nice Kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    Very nice Kit!
    Thanks Sterob! it came out well.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

This project has been on and off the back burner more times than granny's kettle, but I have at last built the final prototype of the circular clock mentioned way back up this thread, now called the Orion (getting the right name is critical, obviously). Now I'm confident the design works reliably and can actually be cut on the router and put together fairly easily I'm going to move on to building some in Australian hardwoods and see if I can make a quid.

The clock is powered by a standard USB phone charger and is controlled by an Arduino microcontroller. Despite all the moving parts being made of wood it runs with the accuracy of a quartz watch.

An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitwn For This Useful Post:

Nice work Kitwn, it has such a relaxing sound to the machanism. Could be really fancy in various shiny hardwoods.

Ollie

I would blow that bloody thing off the wall, I hate ticking clocks, lives flashing by fast enough without those bleeding things reminding me...

But nice job kit.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    I would blow that bloody thing off the wall, I hate ticking clocks, lives flashing by fast enough without those bleeding things reminding me...

But nice job kit.
    This clock has a calming 60 bpm tick to remind you of your mother's resting heart beat from when you were in the womb! You can fit felt pads to quieten it though.

And I agree about life flashing by too quickly!

I decided to enter this year's Great Guitar Build Off to give myself a kick up the backside and get on with an idea I've been mulling over for a while. Here's the final entry video.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kitwn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Kit for another interesting and informative video.

Fantastic build and video Kit! There are a number of techniques I'm going to have to emulate now; particularly the epoxy inlay and the photograph tracing to get the design in.

Fingers crossed for your entry.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information