Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
Okay, impressed with the documentation. I'm in a pickle now, with an UC300eth/UCCNC/W10 running Mill#1, the software for which doesn't support turning. A 7i76e/LinuxCNC which supports turning, but is a bit of a hatchet job in terms of polished software (but I love the board and small things like the functional segregation / choice of connectors - allows you to swap axis around with complete ease), and now this -
Well I can tell you straight away in terms of build quality(other than the connector layout) it knocks the spots off UC300Eth and UB1 combo which is all I've used in the past. The build quality is what puts me off there boards, they are hobby controllers and they feel like hobby controllers in terms of build quality. This controller just feels more industrial and better built.
Regards price then a UC300 + UB1 + License won't be far behind the ET-6 and you still won't have lathe etc.

I agree on the Mesa cards, they are hard to beat in terms of value and they are built very well. Shame the software is so hard to get on with and not very intuiative. It requires a large learning curve to get the most from the cards and because of how it's developed, then for me personally who want's to fit to these cards to customers machines who need single knowledge source they can turn to if got any issues rather than using a forum and waiting. This alone is worth paying a little extra for IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
I think I'd be interested in hearing how you're getting on with the software and compatibility with F360 and the likes. Is this a turnkey solution? Also your opinion of MyCNC and support? - their help forum looks to still be in its infancy.
I will report back any findings. Not sure what your meaning by turn key.? . . . It's nothing special just for me if that's what you mean, it's just a motion control card anyone else can buy and as been around for a long time.
Regards MyCNC and the support, then so far for the few questions I've asked it's been very good with a quick and knowledgable reply but without being over complicated.
Ivan from MyCNC is on this forum and very helpful so if you have any questions I don't cover then give him a shout directly.