. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,927. Received thanks 361 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I've got a Creality Ender 3 Pro.

One of my mates has been into hobby 3D printing for a while, and that's what he recommended. He reckoned it was the minimum you could spend to have something that just works straight out the box without endless fiddling.

Since having it, and having looked at a few other options, I'd agree with him. There is a lot of support, and upgrade parts should you need them. I've got a new controller/touchscreen to install, which I might get installed this weekend, but I only bought it because I want to see for myself how much more silent the 'silent' stepper drivers are, and I fancied a touchscreen. The original controller however does the job perfectly well.

IIRC I paid about £190 for the printer via Creality's AliExpress store, including the glass bed option, as it was on special offer at the time.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

Thread Information