. .

Thread: eBay router

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Apples & pears! Ferrari or Ford?

What are you comparing it to in that price bracket?

The grown-up meccano sets Xcarve, Ooznest? Or the ever so popular crappy import 6040 with the bendy beds and dubious electronics?

If you don't have the budget for an AXYZ or maybe one of Dean's custom machines?

You see people milling aluminium flawlessly for hours on a shapeako and others who can't manage a simple cut on a £10k machine.

So if however £2-£3k is your budget, reach out and chat with the guy, he's extremely helpful.

hi, I have spoken to Dean already, he`s a lovely guy and he trying to sort me something out for me.

I found this machine on eBay, just to look at the pictures of it. The frame has no triangulation stiffeners and the gantry side plates look as though they would sway in the breeze.

There’s a lot of things like this on eBay waiting to catch the unwary, fortunately there are forums like this with experts ready to give advice, without this advice I would have bought that router on eBay, Thankyou all for your advice especially Dean aka Jazzcnc.

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    I found this machine on eBay, just to look at the pictures of it. The frame has no triangulation stiffeners and the gantry side plates look as though they would sway in the breeze.
    If you want a good laugh go look at his 8 x 4 and it's gantry, I've got a pair of step ladders that are stronger, much stronger..

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    If you want a good laugh go look at his 8 x 4 and it's gantry, I've got a pair of step ladders that are stronger, much stronger..
    Don't do step ladders now mate, at 23stone and with arthritis I need a solid floor :(Looking for tiny violin smiley)

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,927. Received thanks 361 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    I just had to go and have a look.
    The VFD mount is my favourite part, followed by the control box cooling fan location
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

How about all the missing bolts in the rails on all the machines in the range
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I just had to go and have a look.
    The VFD mount is my favourite part, followed by the control box cooling fan location
    Lovely long gantry on this 4 x 8 machine, and such a sturdy bed. Let's hope they are designed to wobble in sync.

There's an impressive cost escalator on size... and I honestly can't see how its justified. Each sized machine is essentially just a bit more box-section/rail/screw and not much else.

Anyway, what is curious to me is the choice to orientate the gantry to straddle the widest axis... Is that a good thing? (it feels like you're creating a problem with an unsupportable beam... if deflection was a concern)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information