. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Well the board has just this sec turned up.

I was worng about the current sence resistors, they are infact, Orange, Orange, Silver, Gold, 0.33ohm 5%, so thats a current limit of 1.51amps.

I have not done any testing yet, so I will report back with how I get on.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mad Professor View Post
    Well the board has just this sec turned up.

I was worng about the current sence resistors, they are infact, Orange, Orange, Silver, Gold, 0.33ohm 5%, so thats a current limit of 1.51amps.

I have not done any testing yet, so I will report back with how I get on.
    That makes little sense... probably worth measuring them. Look forward to hearing your verdict....

How long did they take to arrive in the end?

Hello,

after i did not get response from cnczone i´ll try my first port here:

first problem first post:

I got the board from ebay (seller prettyworthshop)....

I connected the board to power supply with was included. The boards gets 24V - i measured that with a meter.

I connected the board to computer (LPT is set to ECP). I set all the MACH 3 parameters according to the manual (Signal in, Signal out, Motor....)

On the board itself we have 3 LEDS for which show when signal is available for axis movment. If i press cursor in MACH the middle LED (Y) glows only a bit. Above the 3 LEDS there are two LEDS and the right one is on all the time when i connect the parallel cable with the board. When is disconnect, the LED goes out.

The fan is not turning. Motor is connected but not moving...

I don´t know whats the problem. Can somebody help me ?

I hope to get this first problem soved with your help.

By the way - i built the MDF CNC Machine from buidyourcncDOTcom. I want to use tha machine for milling panels for my DIY 737-800 Homecockpit...

Cheers from Wuerzburg Germany

Andy

I am using one of these boards with no problem what's so ever, mind i do have a 120mm blasting cold air on it, I have it running for 6 hours non stop, I do find the steppers get very hot is this normal?

I am using one of these boards with no problem what's so ever, mind i do have a 120mm fan blasting cold air on it, I have had it running for 6 hours non stop, I do find the steppers get very hot, is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by gorbo View Post
    I am using one of these boards with no problem what's so ever, mind i do have a 120mm fan blasting cold air on it, I have had it running for 6 hours non stop, I do find the steppers get very hot, is this normal?
    Depends how hot is very hot! 80°C on the motor surface is OK. If it's too hot then turn the current down a little. You won't need to turn it down much since power is proportional to current squared....

Thought this was the most appropriate thread to put my question in.
    I bought this board (3-axis one) after my previous Xylotex one blew up.
    Here was me thinking it would just be a straight swap... and I'd be away!

Anyway, connected it all up, and when I try and jog the machine in Mach3 nothing happens, but I can hear the motors idling.
    The board is rated upto 36v. Have tested the power going into the board at 27V so that shouldn't be a problem.
    The X/Y/Z axis leds sometimes come on but if they do, they always go off when I load up Mach3.

The settings and pinouts all seem to be fine in Mach3 - I have checked them time and time again.
    Without Mach3 open, there is no voltage going to any of the motors. Once I open it, there is ~1.7V/0.8A of power going to the A+/A- phase of each motor. And no power going to the B+/B- phase.

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but I assume the output voltage of the board to the motors should change when running a CNC program or jogging the machine? This does not happen. It stays idle.

So I'm mega confused and not sure whether its Mach3, the board or the motors which are the problem.
    If anybody has any suggestions I'd be greatful!

With my limited experience with these boards heres some ideas:
    You are using LPT1 port on your PC is it a desktop PC? these boards wont run with a low power output on the LPT ie; laptops or USB converters, I know i have tried
    You have the right driver on the software?

Good luck these are great boards..............when you get them running

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Thought this was the most appropriate thread to put my question in.
    I bought this board (3-axis one) after my previous Xylotex one blew up.
    Here was me thinking it would just be a straight swap... and I'd be away!

Anyway, connected it all up, and when I try and jog the machine in Mach3 nothing happens, but I can hear the motors idling.
    The board is rated upto 36v. Have tested the power going into the board at 27V so that shouldn't be a problem.
    The X/Y/Z axis leds sometimes come on but if they do, they always go off when I load up Mach3.

The settings and pinouts all seem to be fine in Mach3 - I have checked them time and time again.
    Without Mach3 open, there is no voltage going to any of the motors. Once I open it, there is ~1.7V/0.8A of power going to the A+/A- phase of each motor. And no power going to the B+/B- phase.

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but I assume the output voltage of the board to the motors should change when running a CNC program or jogging the machine? This does not happen. It stays idle.

So I'm mega confused and not sure whether its Mach3, the board or the motors which are the problem.
    If anybody has any suggestions I'd be greatful!
    Is this resolved yet? It is a long time since it was posted, but.....

Another likely reason is the printer port having the wrong address. There are 3 possible addresses for the parallel printer port. Wrong address = no go.

Regards from Alan D.

Hi to everybody,
    I am using two off these boards on my cnc machines for two years and have no problems whit these,but Iam a hobbyist no a pro.
    Thes boards are very cheap instead they are sold for 140 Euros in Germay.I bought them in China for minus of 50 Euros.
    At this price you can budget a reserve one in case off!

See you
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information