Quote Originally Posted by Muzzer View Post
AS you may be aware, the Saunders vise requires several sets of Mitee Bite Talon thingies as well as the Saunders fixture plate to mount it on - or your own equivalent. The adjustment range is almost zero, as you fix the vise up against the work, then nip up the Talons. That's good for repetitive work but a PITA for the more normal stuff I do and the cost would fairly add up by the time you have a workable system.

I like the look of those Zoro / Geradi etc vises. I'd like to acquire one some day when I can find an excuse....
I believe it comes with 2 Reversible 4" Talon / Solid Jaws which im guessing are their own in house version so you dont necessarily need the mitee bite, i could be wrong.

And yes, it does need a fixture plate, i dont have one yet on my cnc so if I do end up getting it I can make the fixture plate for it.

I guess if you are looking for cheap, sub 200 range then the precision toolmakers vice you linked to will do the job fine. Ive heard it can be a PITA to screw it down as the bottom pin doesnt always sit correctly in the grooves