Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
I know nothing.

I know even less about this machine.

But, I'm 95% convinced (just through deduction) that Mach and the machine can't work together. Nor do I think that you need Mach - the machine has it's own motion controller - Omicron 3000 which is what you've been using to home the machine, etc. You need to take a step back to look up the CAM chain - whatever you're using to generate the CAM - Vectric etc., would need a post-processor that supports the Omicron 3000. Then I'm guessing you'd take the post-processed output (typically G-Code) and somehow download this into the Omicron.

So, hit the old Google and search for instruction on the Omicron 3000 - I spent 5 minutes and found lots of posts from people asking the same questions as yourself.

If you was considering a Mach retrofit (or other machine controllers such as UCCNC) - then it is the Omicron that you'd swap out for the BoB/whatever and then Mach/UCCNC would interface to that directly. There's a bit of pneumatic magickry around the Z on that machine though - could be interesting.
Thanks for the input Doddy.
I'm going to try and hook up a laptop or PC with the rs232 input cable early next week... I'll report back then

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk