. .
    I've recently bought a cnc3018 pro from amazon to learn about nc and have a little fun.

The machine came with an offline controller which works fine with the example files that came on the SD card. But if I create gcode using Easel, download it my laptop and copy the file onto the SD card, the contoller sees the file but the machine does not do anything when I try to run it. The controller then doesn't respond and I have to switch the machine off and on again. Any ideas what could be going wrong?

I would like to persevere with the offline controller to be independent off laptop position

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gikkalan View Post
    I've recently bought a cnc3018 pro from amazon to learn about nc and have a little fun.

The machine came with an offline controller which works fine with the example files that came on the SD card. But if I create gcode using Easel, download it my laptop and copy the file onto the SD card, the contoller sees the file but the machine does not do anything when I try to run it. The controller then doesn't respond and I have to switch the machine off and on again. Any ideas what could be going wrong?

I would like to persevere with the offline controller to be independent off laptop position

Many thanks
    I have the same issue: i have a cnc 3018 pro and I would like to use it with offline controller and sd card. To create the cnc file I use Freecad on Ubuntu Linux.

I think the problem is in the cnc file: in the example files the end line char in each line is \r\n but in my files the end line char of each line is \n.

I hope I can solve using the command line tool unix2dos to convert my files in Ascii Text with CRLF line terminators.

You can see this:
    https://forum.lightburnsoftware.com/...roller/23090/4

My home made machine runs Freecad and I think its a great piece of software.Since the previous poster mentioned running it on Ubuntu,I wonder if he is using the latest version-either the daily update or the appimage version.Both of these may have updates which the Ubuntu software repository may not have.I have no idea which of the available post processors would be best with a 3018 machine but there may be something suitable-particularly if you can use arguments in the post processor options section to include the line ending that is necessary.It might be worth asking in the Path section of the Freecad forum https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewfor...84dc5e41a2e2cc .

Hi just bought second hand cnc was told it was roeam 3018 pro upgraded grbl it’s got offline control can’t find any name on it the memory card as iPhone print to test can’t find any other items on card so can anyone help me to get more templates to down load to try machine please

I have a generic 3018 clone with a grbl controller & a generic offline controller. The machine works great connected to my computer using candle but while I use the offline controller I can get it to zero using a file & control the axis with the buttons, but cannot get the spindle to run using either method. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this should be?

Thread Information