Quote Originally Posted by bigal999 View Post
Since an event in my life 10 years ago I have been unable to work as this event left me with severe mental health problems.
1. Very bad depression. I have been trough some very dark times. This project I just one more step to my recovery which happening but very slowly. I have good days and bad days when on a bad day can do nothing at all
2. Anxiety I worry about everything.
3. OCD which in my case means everything has to be done right.
4. I am awaiting 2 knee replacements trying to put them off till I build the CNC router learning to use it will keep me sane while I recover.

The building is part of my therapy to give me back some self esteem and belief in mAny help is welcome but please try not to leave any comments to negative as I take them on-board an they have a very negative effect on my mood.
I will try to keep this build log as detailed as possible to help and encourage others who have given up.
Thank you
Albert
Hi Albert,

Well, first off welcome and you are in very good company here because many of us suffer depression or have had mental health issues at some point. Whether they are brave enough to admit or not is another thing.! So you are succeeding straight away in my book.

I have helped many people who have taken up CNC as a hobby explicitly to overcome Depression and anxiety with no need for a CNC machine what so ever, who where advised by therapists to take up a hobby. Often they have been people with very stressful jobs, Lawers, Doctors, Teachers even a Rocket scientist who worked at NASA which I found amusing because I was helping a guy who had an IQ higher than my "steps per setting" who sent men into space yet still needed help with CNC, So it just shows CNC building is harder than Rocket science... . . . (But it's not so don't stress) and I'm actually using a machine that was built by someone who worked in High Finance who when he recovered and able to work again emigrated to the Emirates and couldn't take the machine so gave it to me for helping him. All these people were on this forum, many still are but will remain nameless.

I'll post again about the machine when I've had to time to think, just wanted to say hello and let you know your not alone.!