. .
  1. Just interested in what folks are currently printing with on their 3D printers.

I am using a bit of PLA + for prototyping wind mills and a few other projects. PETG or PCT for items that I do that have a more serious intent of use. ASA for some projects as well as a bit of PC blend. Resin wise using both modeling resins and engineering resins (ABS and Nylon types).

If interest we can go into discussing extrude rates and temps and what machines but I am just putting this out here to see if there is interest in discussion.
    Software SolidWorks 2024, Onshape, Aspire v9.5, Blender
    CNC Machine: http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/3661-...Second-machine
    3D printers both FDM/FFD and MSLA resin
    CSWA &CSWA-AM certified
    www.marino-customs.com

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    My default is PETG, as it's fairly easy to work with and has some of the best chemical resistance.

Although I do have ABS as an option, but it's not really much use for anything that's going to be exposed to oils, like most of my bits are.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Lives in Lytham St. Annes, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 41 Minutes Ago Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 423. Received thanks 61 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    I've been using mostly PLA and "PLA+" but recently I tried PETG and was pleasantly surprised to find it worked OK despite my printer not having a heated plate. In contrast, ABS was a complete failure, peeling off the bed like a banana before it really got going.

The main disappointment was a brilliant white PLA+ from eSUN that looked like extruded chalk and didn't self adhere very well. Also seemed more prone to periodic hiccups resulting in imperfections between layers. The more normal black, white and clear PLA+ were fine, so perhaps there was too much white filler in it.

PETG seems to have a good temperature rating (Tg > 100C) and is reasonably fuel resistant. Polycarbonate would perhaps be even better but I don't know how usable it is - has anyone had good experience with it? I'm talking about inlet manifolds here and may end up using one of the online services to print them in PC once I've proven the physical design.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    ABS really needs an enclosure to stop warpage while printing.

White is generally weaker due to the amount of filler needed. It's why Voron prohibit it being used in any official build, as it's noticeably weaker than other colours.
    I've got some white PETG that I use, but I wouldn't use it for anything structural, as it just doesn't print that nice.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thread Information