Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
Page 13 of the servo controller manual tells you all you need to know about the step/dir interfacing. It recommends a differential drive from the control system, but it's not required. You can use a standard single-ended drive - just connect Step/Dir to pins 6/8 and ground pins 5/7 (just check that - the scan isn't great). The internal 220R resistor is appropriate for 5V signalling.
Thank you.

A couple of things if I may?

One thing that sort of confused me when i first looked at the diagram - twisted pairs? You mention connecting Step/Dir pins to 6/8 and ground to 5/7. The diagram is confusing, it shows a single pulse going in e.g Pulse A and it terminates on 6 - 5???

Apart from where you cannot on the MB3 are the connections to the Sevo drivers the same? If using a single ended drive do i need to connect a 12 - 24v supply as mentioned on page 13? Do I need it for a differential drive?

The MB3 supports both.

Sorry for the basic questions - I just don't want to blow up the £200 MB3 breakout board.

thanks again - the advice is appreciated.

Edit: just found a better diagram (helps me understand) in the MB3 documentation:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wiring.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	28744

I added the pin numbers from the Panasonic doc, does that look correct? How can you tell that pins 5, 7 are ground? (the scan shows order from top down (6, 5, 8, 7) as per my latest attached diagram.

Do I connect a dedicated 24v to pin 11+ and 28- ? For single ended? and not differential? Both or none?

thanks again