. .
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Good thought, Muzzer, although it's slightly more awkward than that. There isn't any documentation as such, it's just an applicaiton that is all in Chinese. You can guess a couple of the usual menu items based on position, and I did find one entry that gave me a COM port prompt, but that's as far as it goes! I'll need to look at whether I can extract the symbols from the app itself and translate those. It sounds like Chaz, Dean and I are all in roughly the same position - controller and servos/drivers all set up on the bench (or coffee table, in my case) so not in a position to actually do any tuning at the moment. So fingers crossed that a translated version will turn up before we actually need it!

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Good thought, Muzzer, although it's slightly more awkward than that. There isn't any documentation as such, it's just an applicaiton that is all in Chinese. You can guess a couple of the usual menu items based on position, and I did find one entry that gave me a COM port prompt, but that's as far as it goes! I'll need to look at whether I can extract the symbols from the app itself and translate those. It sounds like Chaz, Dean and I are all in roughly the same position - controller and servos/drivers all set up on the bench (or coffee table, in my case) so not in a position to actually do any tuning at the moment. So fingers crossed that a translated version will turn up before we actually need it!
    Clive S gave me a good tip.? Use your mobile phone and a translate App. Just point camera at the screen and it will translate all the writing.
    I've used this several times now and it works great. Infact that's what I did when I screwed up the parameters in the controller and turned them all back to Chinese and couldn't read the parameter description.

Regards the tuning then No I'm not at that stage, I'm waiting for you to suss it out first...
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Never come across an app like that - I'll give it a try and see where it gets me. I'm sure that all the usual translators can handle the chinese characters for things like "PID internal loop parameters"! I'm sure that it's worth a go, though, just to get to the right menu items.

Thanks for the pointer. It's not all just a North-South slanging match

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Thanks for the pointer. It's not all just a North-South slanging match
    Not at all, I even speak to Clive-S and he's on the other side of the Big Hill in Red Rose county, the place a true Yorkshireman's arch-enemy lives...
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Not at all, I even speak to Clive-S and he's on the other side of the Big Hill in Red Rose county, the place a true Yorkshireman's arch-enemy lives...
    That's only because I send him PG Tips
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    That's only because I send him PG Tips
    He can be a bit of a monkey at times
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Try Google Translate - I assume that's what Jazz is referring to. When you select the camera icon, it will recognise and translate any Chinese characters and replace them live on the screen. I've used this quite extensively in China (was surprised they hadn't blocked it - perhaps it was working offline) and it certainly came in handy. The translation seemed to vary depending how close you held the camera (how large the characters) and some of the results were pretty amusing!

You can also use the microphone for input but you might run the risk of getting punched, molested or arrested, depending where you use it.

So started to look at the lathe in a bit more detail today.

The servo motors will be a direct fit exchange, courtesy of some spacers that Gary had already made. I'm not sure if the cables can be routed without taking connectors off (motor and encoder).

The spindle pulley wont work for the new spindle motor. Shaft size is now 38mm whereas on the old DC motor its around 36mm (or the nearest imperial size to that).

Found a replacement pulley / bushing which should work.

Was trying to remove the spindle 'mounting' system, removed all bolts, cant get it out. There's clearly some adhesive in places like a sealant, could be that. I'm hopeful making a adapter plate for the slightly smaller motor should be straight forward - just need to get one of my mills up and running.

I'd like to replace the V belts - any idea on how much work is involved to get them out - do I need to mess with the spindle (hopefully not).

Was fortunate to find a wiring diagram (and some notes) in the door, thanks Gary. Was looking for the limits / end stop but not found them yet - at least the drawing gives a massive help as wires / terminal blocks are marked. I believe these are all hall effect sensors so need to work out how to wire them up. I note too that there is X Coarse Home and X Fine Home marked in pencil, first time Ive seen that ..... will need to work out how to use these.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HL1.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	239.2 KB 
ID:	29299Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HL2.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	298.6 KB 
ID:	29300Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HL3.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	29301Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HL4.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	160.4 KB 
ID:	29302Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HL5.jpg 
Views:	537 
Size:	226.5 KB 
ID:	29303Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HL6.jpg 
Views:	491 
Size:	207.3 KB 
ID:	29304Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HL7.jpg 
Views:	490 
Size:	133.5 KB 
ID:	29305Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HL8.jpg 
Views:	473 
Size:	197.7 KB 
ID:	29306Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HL9.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	220.5 KB 
ID:	29307

Quick update - built a temp box out of ply for the controller + MPG plate. Opened up the cover for the encoder and noted that the limits are not hall effect, took a quick video, there is a cam system depressing the limits.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Enc1.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	29321Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Box1.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	29322

So I got 3 of the hall effects working for the X axis.

The Z axis has proximity sensors that didnt look to be working. So I replaced with these.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/proxi...nsors/1885225/

These allow reconfig from PNP to NPN etc. Ive tried them in PNP, controller doesnt like it and the engineering team tell me I cant use them in PNP mode. So reconfig the sensors .... ok, but I need something called IO Link which I dont have and looks to be pricy.

These sensors looked decent and they are short - I dont have a lot of space where they fit (probably 40mm max).

Parameter 21 and 22 (axis menu from memory) allows a change from NO to NC, but the engineer reckons that wont allow PNP to be used.

He has also suggested using a 2803 IC to swap the PNP to NPN, so this might be a cheaper option (not ideal).

Thoughts?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information