. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 18 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,725. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    In fact, UCCNC takes the problem away because it does support the two-probe setup out of the box. The issue was with Mach3 which, according to the documentation, does not. I was happy that I could find an electrical "OR" solution but it was going to be messy with my existing hardware. That's when I realised that the Mach3 and macros that came with the machine clearly did work with two probes and I found the "setdatainput" command in the macros supplied. It is virtually unmentioned anywhere (according to Google) although I found a reference that says it is only in .066. The current question is about whether or not that command is in the French version. Not clear why it would not be, but details of Mach3 development are lost in the mists of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    In fact, UCCNC takes the problem away because it does support the two-probe setup out of the box. The issue was with Mach3 which, according to the documentation, does not. I was happy that I could find an electrical "OR" solution but it was going to be messy with my existing hardware. That's when I realised that the Mach3 and macros that came with the machine clearly did work with two probes and I found the "setdatainput" command in the macros supplied. It is virtually unmentioned anywhere (according to Google) although I found a reference that says it is only in .066. The current question is about whether or not that command is in the French version. Not clear why it would not be, but details of Mach3 development are lost in the mists of time...
    Ah well. If uccnc has taken the problem away then that's a win.
    So. You can use mach3 with the uc300 with the plugin.
    I have both Mach and UC set up to my 300 on my laptop so I can switch between the 2 whenever I want without messing them up.
    If you did want to do any mach testing it shouldn't be a problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information