. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahdiel View Post
    Ah okay, i've never seen a lot of those acronyms before, i'm not using a VFD as its for a 190vmc conversion the controller is a lenze534 and i've already sorted the reverse relays for that
    I just got the spindle working controlled from an external power supply too so i think im sorted with those connections

I'll try these suggestions and see if i can get anywhere with it
    Okay, if I was trying to sort this out this is what I'd be doing:-

1) On the Lenze, establish the +V, Gnd and sense lines. On the Lenze 531, these are pins 9, 7, 8 respectively. The user manual should confirm that, and it sounds as though you know these already with the speed control that you have. From herein I'll use those acronyms ("+V", "Gnd" and "Sense") in relation to the Lenze controller. At least one Lenze manual refers to these as "E", "A", and "S".
    2) Confirm Lenze.+V is 10 Volts, or thereabouts wrt the Lenze.Gnd terminal. Don't proceed it this is wildly off. Note, Lenze.Gnd may be (will be) floating above equipment earth - so take care with measurement and avoid shock hazard.
    3) On the USB-BoB, confirm with DMM on resistance range, Open-line (OL) - very high resistance (>10MR) between terminal [BOB.ACM] and [BOB.GND]. Do not proceed if not.
    4) Repeat for [BOB.10V], to [BOB.GND]. Expected: Open-line (OL) - Do not proceed if not.
    5) Repeat for [BOB.AVI] to [BOB.GND]. Do not proceed if not.

At this stage you can expect the BOB variable output to be electrically isolated from the main BoB circuitry, Power everything off.

6) Connect [BOB.ACM] to [Lenze.Gnd]
    7) Connect [BOB.10V] to [Lenze.+V]
    8) Connect [BOB.AVI] to [Lenze.Sense]

Test. I would not connect the PC to the USB board until I've observed the absence of magic smoke from the BoB.

But that's just me.

She's alive once again! Thanks guys i would never have figured out that 10v was an input on my own doh
    I still had the isolation board on mine so it only floated about 3v different to earth ground
    Thanks again

may have been a bit quick to celebrate then
    was working for about an hour until it tripped the RCD and now the spindle tries to spin up and trips the breaker in the back of the cabinet whenever its turned on, the relay that i thought was supposed to control the spindle enable doesn't seem to change much whether its there or not so i was probably wrong about that
    this is what i get for working on things when tired i suppose

Thread Information