Quote Originally Posted by mbridge87 View Post
Oh no. That's gonna be tough to go back to the supplier with. I bought this from a Chinese company in July (ish) but have been building the whole machine from then until now so I've not used it much....perhaps it was broken on arrival?

It's quite an expensive part to replace on my own right?
I wouldn't be rushing it back just yet based on my quick observation, identify the problem first.

My main point was I'm quite sure it's not resonance affecting the motor for the following reasons.
#1 It's not spinning fast enough
#2 It's a 3 phase motor on a digital drive so it's highly unlikely
#3 It's fastend firmly with a good strong mounting.

Eliminating the motor/drive and from the sounds it's making everything points to alignment, binding or bent ballscrew or rails even.?

I don't know what's under those covers in terms of rails or ballscrews but if it's using precision linear rails then any twist or misalignment could cause binding that will result in vibrations and because of the size of the motor it won't stall but rather just power past it increasing the vibrations. Also, the wooden frame it's sat on looks a little "heath robinson" so could easily be putting the stage into twist.?

This is the problem with precision equipment, if the rest of the setup doesn't match it's pointless. I would set the whole stage down on a flat surface and make sure it's fastened securely.