. .
    Hi,could anyone help me with storing offsets on my conect cadet, settings in conectl all read z0 x12.7 when i record new offsets and run the machine all is ok untill screen freezes or i shut down machine then offsets revert back to default z0 x12.7.any help much appreciated.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    You'll need to tell us what software it's running..
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Hi, Its running version 2.70 23/06/92 that i downloaded from this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by stellite View Post
    Hi, Its running version 2.70 23/06/92 that i downloaded from this forum.
    You will have to give more information this looks like a version of linux if it is is it is way out of date.

Sorry but the crystal ball is broke.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    It's running the original Conect software.

The only information I can provide about that, is there is still a copy of the manual available on John S's website - https://www.stevenson-engineers.co.u...ct%20lathe.pdf

I downloaded the software and manual from john s site which runs the original hardware, I cant get the offsets to store in conectl file, i suspect there is some instruction in the manual i am not understanding.

Hi, this is the original software i downloaded from john s site it is running on DOS on a windows 98 computer.

Quote Originally Posted by stellite View Post
    Hi, this is the original software i downloaded from john s site it is running on DOS on a windows 98 computer.
    Unfortunately and sadly John has passed away.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

I'm trying to remember if John said the original software was a Dog's dinner, or a POS.
    I miss his brutally honest replies.

In all honesty, you're very unlikely to find anybody who still knows about the original software.
    Even if the lathe is still working with the original controller and software, I'd be making plans to upgrade it to something more modern, and with support.

Thread Information