John, you know that I'm running LinuxCNC with my lathe - because I really wanted to move from Mach3, and I'll be honest, from what I've just read the Mach3-Turn is poorly supported - I guess you've done that research already. Just be aware that if/when you do pull the pin on jumping onto LinuxCNC (I know you mention it over several threads, and I wish there was an alternative!) you're (a) not going to be able to use your UC100 - so direct PP or expensive controller (my Mesa 7i76e with shipping and tax cost nearly what you paid for your lathe! - 302 Euro). (b) PP is going to need fairly fast task threads for thread-cutting - so you'll need something above the bottom-rung of the desktop ladder, and - (c) maybe the most obvious thing for me - the support for MOP wizards just isn't there - so you'll be hand crafting G-Code to operate the lathe. There is at least one attempt to integrate some basic turning add-ons but these are flakey, at best (e.g. you need to know that they just change some of the modal states - e.g radius/diameter mode internally with no recovery - not knowing that I've had some entertaining crashes). I do like LinuxCNC in some respect but be well aware that it comes with a health warning. Maybe best done when the workshop is nice and warm.