. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'd go UC400ETH. Runs Mach3, Mach4 or UCCNC if you fancied a change.

Or buy a used dell with pport, load XP on it, and away you go. That's what I did for my mill. (but I already had retail discs XP from 2005 so not an issue for me).

Lives in Bristol, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-09-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    I'd go UC400ETH. Runs Mach3, Mach4 or UCCNC if you fancied a change.

Or buy a used dell with pport, load XP on it, and away you go. That's what I did for my mill. (but I already had retail discs XP from 2005 so not an issue for me).
    I finally went for an ESS installation and that has worked well and it installed with pretty well no problems. I had already gone through the second hand Dell route a few years ago and it was this computer that had given up the ghost. I thought that the supply of old parallel port PCs would probably dry up and thought it was about time I moved on to something that would work with up-to-date PCs.

Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG View Post
    I finally went for an ESS installation and that has worked well and it installed with pretty well no problems. I had already gone through the second hand Dell route a few years ago and it was this computer that had given up the ghost. I thought that the supply of old parallel port PCs would probably dry up and thought it was about time I moved on to something that would work with up-to-date PCs.

Jim.
    Fair enough. I've got my eye on a UC300eth, 2*UCBB boards, UCCNC, and a load of cabling now you've said that.
    I don't need it but, I want it!

Thread Information