. .
    my machine currently has a cheap chinese 2.2kw water cooled spindle.

what options are there to get a more powerful spindle? any recommendations? happy with cheap and chinese again.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Define more power?

More torque at low speed, so you can run bigger cutters slower, or more power so you can take bigger cuts at high speeds?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

sorry.

bigger cuts higher speed, dont really use much more than 6mm cutter

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Aliexpress/Alibaba is probably your best bet to get an idea of what the potential options are.
    Aliexpress is generally full of resellers, but some searching of Alibaba usually reveals the real manufacturers.

It might be worth a chat with Jazzcnc/Dean (he is back in the land of the living, as I had an exchange with him a few weeks ago), but you might want to run some feeds and speeds calcs to get a rough idea of how much power you actually need.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

I currently have a cheap water cooled spindle, none branded

What are the symptoms you are seeing?

What?
    None!

I want a more powerful spindle

You have a 3hp spindle. If you think you need more power, presumably there are some cuts where the cutter significantly slows down - how big are these and how do they compare with the recommended speeds and feeds for the cutter and material?

Thread Information