. .
    Does anyone know of a source of some 4mm OD round in this material please? I've tried my two local suppliers (Smiths, Simmal) but no luck. Due to the length of the part needed turning down isn't really an option, never mind the ball-ache/cost of doing it.

Lives in Derbyshire  UK, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 295. Received thanks 28 times, giving thanks to others 13 times.
    I picked some 1/8" ally rod up from Live Steam Models Derby don't know if they still have it worth an e-mail [email protected]

Phill

Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    Does anyone know of a source of some 4mm OD round in this material please? I've tried my two local suppliers (Smiths, Simmal) but no luck. Due to the length of the part needed turning down isn't really an option, never mind the ball-ache/cost of doing it.

Not sure if they do metric but https://maccmodels.co.uk/product-cat...um-rods-small/
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Bit of lateral thought - and you won't get 7075 - but you can get 4mm Ali welding rod. Does it have to be 7075?

It does really for strength & light weight, we're talking extreme sports gear here. The stuff does exist, as an Italian company have parts using it, but maybe they had it extruded specially?

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll ring tomorrow and see what grades they have.

Thread Information