Quote Originally Posted by Muzzer View Post
At the moment I'm cutting air on the bench, so in that respect "they just work". But when I have them installed for real, I will need to tune them. At which point the true horror of the "tuning" process will become apparent.

I suppose one option may be to use the LinuxCNC controls to do that without changing the Lichuans. For now, that isn't at the front of the list.

I've just made my own HTD3 pulley due to the crap backlash in the Chinesium pulleystock used in the pulleys I got from Bearingboys. Wasn't planning on doing that but it seemed the only concrete solution, short of buying loads of random pulleys from various suppliers and hoping some were ok. Also gave me the opportunity to break out the 4th axis again. This uses a Yaskawa Sigma servo and motor.

With an iPhone and Windows 10, this forum doesn't know which orientation to use on the photos, although they look OK in W10. Every forum seems to be different! What is the way to fix it here?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1839.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	268.5 KB 
ID:	29664

Name:	IMG_1841.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	201.3 KB 
ID:	29665

Name:	IMG_1837.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	369.2 KB 
ID:	29666

@Muzzer -
Did you ever get the Lichuan A4 and servos running and tuned?
I am thinking of buying these, but the lack of support for the tuning process is worrying.