. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lives in Carnoustie, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 28-10-2021 Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 28. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Has anyone here got experience of tuning any of the AC Servos from China. I am considering getting some, specifically the Lichuan A4 type as per the pic below. I downloaded their software and eventually managed to get it loaded on an old XP computer (couldn't get to work on W10 even in compatibility) The software however looks to be just an easy means of setting parameters and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of tuning compatibility built in, in other words it is just a computerised method of enter parameters rather than using the drives buttons.

I am a bit wary of buying the drives/motors in case they are a nightmare to tune.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_2021-02-22_113031.png 
Views:	154 
Size:	134.7 KB 
ID:	29583

I'm thinking about servos too. I saw This Old Tony's video where he uses Leadshine servos and it makes it clear to me the tuning software is just as important an aspect as the hardware. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiVWBOBUlaA&t=1485s

However those leadshine ones are still kind of pricy if you can even find the current models on a Chinese market place. I costed them up as about £200 for the driver (www.shop.cncdrive.com/index.php?categoryID=168) and £300 for the motor (Polish website I can't even find again).

However I've heard many also recommend Delta servos and they seem to be priced somewhere between Leadshine and Lichuan and their software website also mentions some advanced software tuning such as automatic resonance detection and notch filtering.

https://www.deltaww.com/en-US/produc...and-Drives/225

Lives in Carnoustie, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 28-10-2021 Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 28. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Someone else on another site mentioned the Deltas and said they were excellent so it may be the way I go. They are only fractionally more than the Lichaun ones from what I have seen.

I too have been looking at these servos and also worried that the backup needed for installing them correctly might be lacking. I've hunted all over for any software and through the manual but found nothing yet.. surely they cant not provide this? Or is there possibly some sort of inbuilt auto tuning?

Its a bit worrying you cant find anything in the software.

They also can't provide a torque graph for the motors only the rated numbers. So im finding it hard to know what torque is available at what speeds which is making my decisions even more difficult.

When researching the deltas ive come across videos like this which is somewhat reassuring... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adc5untQcYI

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrand View Post
    I too have been looking at these servos and also worried that the backup needed for installing them correctly might be lacking. I've hunted all over for any software and through the manual but found nothing yet.. surely they cant not provide this? Or is there possibly some sort of inbuilt auto tuning?

They also can't provide a torque graph for the motors only the rated numbers. So im finding it hard to know what torque is available at what speeds which is making my decisions even more difficult.
    Are you referring to the genetic Chinese servos sold under many brands?

They are often sold by drop shippers that have no idea about anything they sell.

I've got a Delta 750W B3 servo as a small lathe spindle motor. The Delta manual is good and written in proper English. Software is easy to use. B3 series plug into PC with miniUSB (older models need a special programming cable).

When buying from China, I usually stick to stores that sell a limited range of products. I've had very good experiences doing this. If they sell everything under the sun they will know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrand View Post

Aye, info is non existent on those Lichaun servos and the software is Chinese only as far as I can make out. I don't think there is any automatic tuning in them or at least I don't see any mention of it and if there was such a thing you would think it would be getting shouted about.

Regarding the torque curves, most AC servos will have a relatively flat torque curve so you can more or less assume that it will be around about the continuous torque for the range of the rated speed. Then again as the saying goes, assume can make an ass of u and me. :D

Quote Originally Posted by pippin88 View Post
    Are you referring to the genetic Chinese servos sold under many brands?

They are often sold by drop shippers that have no idea about anything they sell.

I've got a Delta 750W B3 servo as a small lathe spindle motor. The Delta manual is good and written in proper English. Software is easy to use. B3 series plug into PC with miniUSB (older models need a special programming cable).

When buying from China, I usually stick to stores that sell a limited range of products. I've had very good experiences doing this. If they sell everything under the sun they will know nothing.
    The ones I was meaning were the ones made/sold by Lichaun which seems to be a very big company.

The Deltas seem to be much better in that they have better documentation and supposedly very good tuning software and they are likely what I will now go for if I do indeed need to go down the new servo route for the plasma.

i've been on with them and this is this what they sent me when i specifically asked about tuning. Is this what you found? It doesnt look too promising?

Name:	Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 10.34.07.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	307.7 KB 
ID:	29641

Name:	Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 10.33.59.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	29642

Name:	Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 10.33.52.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	29643

That is a bit better than I found because what I saw was all in Chinese 😁

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information