Had a bash at a fair few things now, but need to pop my 2.5d cherry! I’m not one for learning to walk before I can run so want to go in off the deep end!

All over Etsy are people selling stl models that are apparently compatible with Aspire. They are stupid cheap..... £2. What could go wrong?!

So a couple of questions for a relief carving virgin. Does Aspire know what to do with the model? I mean on normal pockets and profiles you just tell it what tool, depth, federate and spindle speed to do. Is this the same for reliefs?

Also for a design like this, say approx 800x500mm, what bits are appropriate? Ball nose end mills? What sort of sizes? How do you work down the bit sizes with Aspire? I know on regular pockets or v carve you get one clearance tool and a finishing tool to choose from..... this can’t be the case here can it? I’m sure you’d want a 0.5 or 1mm tool for the detail and a 6mm to clear, but this would take an age. Surely you’d want some intermediate sizes to hunk away material.....

Any advice appreciated. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D58C30A1-46BE-4722-AE0C-6220165C650B.jpeg 
Views:	181 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	29735