Quote Originally Posted by rjsutton View Post
Hi
the supplier actually sent me replacement saw but it as well as his whole stock did the same weird pulsing. he refunded totally and told me to keep the 2 hes already sent
he cant (or cant be bothered repairing them) all brand new in boxes etc from Yes "china" from a tool sale shop in NZ
a 150mm tungsten blade running at 10,000 rpm is a very scary thing it scream and shakes the saw, far to fast
see pics of original speed controller
I agree, you should be careful which blades you are using. I only use quality blades, some of them are good for 12,000 rpm, but some are not even good for 7000 rpm. Never the less, a circular saw always looks scary when it is your firs one, and of course, they are very dangerous. Even my tiny can chop off a finger since even that one manages to cut 5mm aluminium sheets.
Quote Originally Posted by rjsutton View Post
i am only cutting 5mm thick timber sheets so thats why i brought a mini saw. it will work fine if the speed pulse issue can go also specs of a local fan dimmer specs. would this work ( 500W)
To be honest, I'd bite the bullet and buy another, better saw. Experimenting with the rpm using similar regulators maybe feels good for your wallet, but I think it's waste of time and money. Especially if all you need it for is a few mm wood then even this one would do: https://www.proxxon.com/en/micromot/27006.php or if you need larger then this https://www.proxxon.com/en/micromot/27070.php. Of course, there might be other table saw also which might be good for your use, but it sounds like the one you bought is really poor quality, especially since the blade is directly driven. My tiny KS 230 has a gearbox in it, reducing the rpm to about 4800 rpm and increasing the torque by about 40%, which is why that small 85W motor can cut aluminium, PCB and other non-ferrous metal, but not with the delivered blade, I bought special blades for the purpose.

Regarding that dimmer, it is probably made for 500W resistive load, not the same as 500W inductive, which a motor is. Also, as I said before, reducing the rpm through voltage reduction means reducing the torque, so I think that's generally a bad idea.