. .
    hi all
    im looking at buying a vmc 190 for making small parts from ally and mild steel .its all new to me so please bear with me .i see a lot of people convert to mach 3 or other controllers .the boxford software is 600 quid does anyone use it and think its good .or are there reasons why so many on here convert to mach3 .please go easy on me as im pretty useless on computers .its a learning curve im looking forward to exploring but would like some advice on experiences with the software or if tis worth getting a mill already converted to run on mach 3 .
    any advice greatly received
    danny

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17-09-2023 Has been a member for 3-4 years. Has a total post count of 13. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 3 times.
    Hi Danny
    I have owned the VMCi300 for 18 months and purchased the Boxford software due to job loss and Covid I have not had the time to get my laptop to connect to the machine. With hindsight, I would have gone for the £500 Mach-3 conversion as they can ensure all is working before you leave.
    I am going to spend this weekend trying to get them to talk to each other.
    Last edited by RnD; 04-08-2021 at 08:47 PM. Reason: spelling

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RnD For This Useful Post:

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17-09-2023 Has been a member for 3-4 years. Has a total post count of 13. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 3 times.
    Hi Danny,
    Well with a lot of hair pulling I can confirm I have communication between Lap top and CNC milling machine.

I had issues with Windows 64 bit communicating with Mach 3 and was advised that the UC100 controller would resolve my problem.. (which it did)
    https://www.cnc4you.co.uk/index.php?...h&search=uc100

It also led me to convert to UCCNC software which I found to be better than Mach 3.

I do know of others who have gone the Linux route and are happy with it .

Thread Information