. .
    Hi,

I have recently bought a second hand Denford Micromill 2000 (dispatch date July 2002.)

Unfortunately while it came with a computer with the VR Milling 2.6 software the security dongle or licence key were missing. :(

A few questions:
    - Does anyone know if there is a way of verifying the movement of the axis' and the spindle without the VR software

- I am missing the spindle bar for removing a tool from the drawbar: What size would fit

- I have the Jacobs chuck fitted but what size collet system should work - do I need to source a 3/8" 24 thread mount? (Is there an ER11 system that would fit?)

Thanks in advance if you can help!

Regards,

Peter

As far as the first question goes, it's not too difficult to fit an external BOB that will then allow you to use either Mach 3 or LinuxCNC
    There's a thorough write up here:
    https://www.summet.com/blog/2016/01/...-axis-control/
    I'm not sure what the spindle bar is, but if you just need to hold the bottom end, while you unscrew the top end, I just use a 3mm Allen key.
    Last edited by jolyonjenkins; 16-04-2021 at 11:58 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jolyonjenkins For This Useful Post:

If and I know its a big IF however if anyone wants one of these small but quite solid machines , a real model engineers machine, to update I do have one available that reality says I probably will not get round to doing- I have done, with mach3 and windows, a Novamill, its bigger brother, that I use regularly. Lots of info about these machines on the internet/Denford forum. I'm Based in Aylesbury, you need to see it so collection only. Price? At this stage I'm thinking aloud but would be good to see another CNC enthusiast get going.

Quote Originally Posted by petemono View Post
    If and I know its a big IF however if anyone wants one of these small but quite solid machines , a real model engineers machine, to update I do have one available that reality says I probably will not get round to doing- I have done, with mach3 and windows, a Novamill, its bigger brother, that I use regularly. Lots of info about these machines on the internet/Denford forum. I'm Based in Aylesbury, you need to see it so collection only. Price? At this stage I'm thinking aloud but would be good to see another CNC enthusiast get going.
    Cool - do you mean that you've adapted the Novamill for Mach 3 but not this one? I would be interested but don't currently have the space. That could change, though.

Yes I have done the Novamill, with new drivers and spindle motor controller but the micro mill could be done using its existing electronics plus a £10 break out board. The beauty of mach 3 is the 500 line working set up in demo mode. You do need an old (XP , WINDOWS7) PC with the £10 break out board or a more modern PC and a £25 breakout board to use the USB PC connector. i just enjoy watching it cut or drill holes in the right places - Parts actually then fit together. I use CAMBAM to generate the gcode and often to draw simple parts. Anyone local , subject to social distancing welcome to visit.

Yes, I've got all that on my Minimill although I use LinuxCNC (can't get the hang of Mach 3). My machine is currently not working (I think I've fried something on the driver board) so I'm tempted by the thought of having another one for diagnosis/emergencies etc ...

I don't suppose anyone has a spare VR 2 licence they might be willing to share the ini file for if you have moved to Mach3 or LinuxCNC on a Denford?

Denford want £300+ and I would like to test the machine before thinking about a more modern upgrade.

Thread Information