. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Great thanks!
    I checked out and found this “combo” at there website:
    UC300ETH-5LPT + UCSB breakout board + 1xIDC26-IDC26 cables + free UCCNC license key
    Is this what I need to run my machine with mach3?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Or better still one that uses UCCNC software like the AXBB-E or UC300 so you're not stuck with ancient mach3 or buggy mach4, plus you'll get decent technical support which you won't with an ESS.!
    Anything against the ancients?
    I'm dinosaur too (running Win XP, Mach3 on LPT)

Quote Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
    Great thanks!
    I checked out and found this “combo” at there website:
    UC300ETH-5LPT + UCSB breakout board + 1xIDC26-IDC26 cables + free UCCNC license key
    Is this what I need to run my machine with mach3?

Thanks again
    With this combo you can run both Mach3 and UCCNC as it comes with a license file for UCCNC, however, you will still need a license for Mach3.

I'd like to explain something that you might not be aware of.? The controller software ie: UCCNC or Mach3 or any other control software for that matter all do the same job really. They just follow the instructions given to it by the G-code, so after you have learned what buttons do what you can pretty much use any of them.

Many new users misunderstand control software like Mach3 and believe it's much more complicated than it really is.!
    Yes, it's a very powerful program with lots of buttons and settings so it can appear complicated to a new user but after the machine is set up regards inputs and outputs, etc which is mostly done by the machine builder, then the actual use of the software to cut parts is very simple and almost identical in the other control software.

Now, where UCCNC wins is that it's very stable software, meaning it has very few bugs if any at all, Sadly this cannot be said for Mach3 which is very buggy and it certainly can't be said for mach4 which is so full of bugs it shouldn't even be on sale IMO.!
    UCCNC also performs much better so gives much smoother cutting because of its more modern and enhanced programming which can use the power of modern PCs, Mach3 was programmed in the dark ages and has gone thru many many changes which is why it's so buggy.

I have used Mach3 for the best part of 20yrs and know it inside out but now I use UCCNC on my own machine and not just the ones I build and sell.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ZASto View Post
    Anything against the ancients?
    I'm dinosaur too (running Win XP, Mach3 on LPT)
    Nope, I too until about a week ago I run Mach3 on XP, all be it on Cslabs IP-S controller on my own machine. But I've been fitting UCCNC with AXBB-E or UC300 on machines I build for over a year now and it's blown me away how good it is. So when Mach3 crashed and wrecked a £150 job and £40 tool it was the last straw and I ripped it out.

UCCNC never does anything unexpected, never crashes for no reason, Feed hold works as it should and stops instantly, etc I could write a long list but won't other than to say if you ever consider changing then don't hesitate to go with UCCNC because I resisted for years but now realise I should have done it years ago rather than struggle being loyal to mach3.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

I really appreciate all the help I have received so far.

Sincerely, Laszlo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information